Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: New press brake, need bend callout to be opposite

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

@SeanCresswell   I get nothing.. ?  only callout that gets any onfo is the quantity?

05-12-2017-05-04-49.png05-12-2017-05-05-31.png

-Craig

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

@Craig_H,

I can reproduce your scenario, on a similar part.

2017-12-06 (5).png

Maybe there is an error in the system, whereby there needs to be a portion of flange material outside of the triangulated bend region.

I'm going to try adding a small flat to the ends.

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Ltd
Solid Edge 2019 [MP7] Classic [x3 Seats - Cloud Enabled]
Windows 10 - Quadro P2000

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

@Craig_H, yeah that [adding small tab extensions] works......so this is directly related.

Please log it with GTAC & share #, and will gladly add our site to it.

2017-12-06 (6).png

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Ltd
Solid Edge 2019 [MP7] Classic [x3 Seats - Cloud Enabled]
Windows 10 - Quadro P2000

Gears Phenom

@SeanCresswell  seems as if it needs a flat section.  Now I get the bend angle but the included angle uses the total angle of loft not the individual segments.  Definitely an issue/error..

05-12-2017-05-34-20.png05-12-2017-05-38-17.png

-Craig

Gears Phenom

@Craig_H@Craig_HYou've always needed to have a flat area on each end of a lofted flange if you wanted the triangulation to work and have the bend info show up in the callout.

Solid Edge 2019
Windows 7 Professional
Nvidia K2200 & Intel Xeon
"You're doing it wrong"

Gears Phenom

@nominus38 wrote:

@Craig_H@Craig_HYou've always needed to have a flat area on each end of a lofted flange if you wanted the triangulation to work and have the bend info show up in the callout.

Good to know..  I've drawn parts this way many times but the parts were always hand fitted and I've never made a pritn with the info.  But with that said it should work without a flat section also, no need to limit what I can design because the callout wont work.

-Craig

Gears Phenom

@Craig_H wrote:

@nominus38 wrote:

Good to know..  I've drawn parts this way many times but the parts were always hand fitted and I've never made a pritn with the info.  But with that said it should work without a flat section also, no need to limit what I can design because the callout wont work.

@Craig_HYes, I agree that it should be able to. It's a headache for sure. I have found that you can make the flat area exceedingly small though. And even turn around and eliminate it completely in the flat pattern. But if you want bend callout data, flat area must be modeled into many lofted flange types.

Solid Edge 2019
Windows 7 Professional
"You're doing it wrong"

Legend
Legend

It would be nice if there were some way to limit how close the points are as well. You need half of the bottom die opening to hit the next bend, and you have to keep that in mind.

Gears Phenom

@TrikefreakWould also be nice if you could constrain or dimension to the resulting bend lines in the flat pattern, like, at all. Would sure be helpful.

Solid Edge 2019
Windows 7 Professional
"You're doing it wrong"

Experimenter
Experimenter

It semms you're not very familar with press brake machine, you not only need to know the machine very well, also the press brake controller programming. Different manufacturer has different rules.

Here is one post about press brake, hope it can help you better understand the press brake: https://machinemfg.com/press-brake-ultimate-guide/