New subscription activation issues

Creator
Creator

I have been using Solid Edge free trial for a few days and recently purcased a susbcription. I Downloaded it as instructed andinstalled it, but I was never prompeted for the activation code. Also, it continues to operate in trial mode.

What do I need to do?

11 REPLIES

Re: New subscription activation issues

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Hi there,

Were you issued a license file attachment with any of your subscription information email?

It should be a "License.dat" file that is tied to your computers "CID" [Composite host ID]...and it needs to be placed in the Preferences folder, of your Solid Edge installation directory,....like - C:\Program Files\Solid Edge ST8\Preferences.

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP0] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

Creator
Creator

I was not. I received an email witha download url and an activation key code. I downloaded from the link but was never prompted to enter the activation code. I got the foundation subscription if that is hepful at all.

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

From the Solid Edge program group run the License Utility select "I have and Activation code" and enter your activation code in the appropriate field - then Solid Edge should start up licensed. Machine description is whatever you want it to be.

ac1.JPG

Cheers

Mark

Creator
Creator

Thank you for the help Mark. After doing some searching I was able to find the utility and go through the activation process, but it still does not seemed to have worked. I still cannot save as a dxf and other options that are limited ny the trial.

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

I do not believe that the 45 day trial limits the use of save as .dxf

You need to talk to your supplier for support.

Cheers

Mark

Creator
Creator

I have attacehd a screenshot of the opening screen. If you can take notice, the files I have saved are all blacked out and this is how they always appear until I open them. When I attempt to save as a dxf, it does not allow it. I click to save and it simply returns me to the work screen.

I purchased directly from the siemens site.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

When you purchase a subscription you should be assigned a Partner for support.  Please check your subscription e-mails for this information.

Also, the issue with thumbnails being "blacked out" in Recent Documents is just that, an issue with the thumbnails -- it is not indicative of running either a trial or subscription.

Further, IIRC Save As to DXF should not be restricted from the trial license.

I appreciate that you may be having some issues but let's not lump them all into assuming you have a trial license that somehow did not get updated to subscription.  Neither issue you mention should exist in either trial or subscription.

Firstly we need to ascertain if you have a valid subscription license and who your assigned Partner is.  If you can PM me the e-mail address you used to purchase your subscription with, we can then start getting you taken care of.

Creator
Creator

Well I can assure that I cannot save to .dxf.

I have nothing in any of my emails about anassigned partner. Honestly I only purchased the subscription so soon because I couldnt save to .dxf and thought the trial was preventing it. I even spoke with someone from siemens about it and they didnt seem to know and gravitated towards agreeing with my assumptions. I really just need it to work

I will pm you then info you have asked for.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

I have received your PM, found you in our subscription database, and have responded back to you by external e-mail.  If this doesn't resolve your issue please reply back to my e-mail and we will continue discussion and investigation.

Thank you and regards,

-Dave