New to SE Draft

Good morning everyone. I am just getting to know the drafting environment of SE and I am having two issues with setting up a custom draft template.

1. I took a copy of the existing one and modified it to match our Autocad template but for some reason when you add another sheet in an active drawing file, it just opens up a blank sheet. Is there some way to set the default background sheet it refers to when you hit the insert button?

2. The callouts aren't working properly. Do I need to configure each drawing before these will show up? They only show up as rectangles with X's. The rest of the title block information I left as text. Please see the screenshot. 

Thanks for your help!

7 REPLIES

Re: New to SE Draft

[ Edited ]

On the sheet setup tab dialog there is a "save defaults" button. That will determine what insert new sheet does.

Are the properties referenced in the callouts populated with data or just blank?

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP3 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

1 - You have to define both the drawing sheet size AND the background border to use. Right click on the blank Sheet tab and select Sheet Setup. Select the Background tab and select your Background sheet and make sure that "Show background" is checked.

http://docs.plm.automation.siemens.com/tdoc/se/108/help/#uid:sheet1a

2 - Displayed Xs are working as designed. Until you populate these property fields with values and save the file, there are no values to display. The Xs serve as a visual notification to the user that values are required in these locations.

http://docs.plm.automation.siemens.com/tdoc/se/108/help/#uid:index#goto:customize_solid_edge:genopt5...

Thanks for your help. The callouts are references to the document number title and revision letter. I just wasn't sure where you edit these, or where these are derived from, are they set in revision manager?

Thanks for your help! Where do I populate these fields, in revision manager? Thanks for explaining why they show up that way, a huge adjustment from Autocad where everything is blocks and attribute based.

One way to set these is through Application button -> Properties -> File Properties and select the Project tab.

P.S. With a .par file open go into Application button -> Solid Edge Options -> Save and you can turn on "Prompt for File Properties on first save". This will then prompt the user to complete the properties by automatically opening the File Properties for you on the initial save.

https://docs.plm.automation.siemens.com/tdoc/se/108/help/#uid:index#goto:customize_solid_edge:saveta...

[ Edited ]

What @uk_dave said and I most commonly use Property Manager which resides under Properties via the application button. Usually most populated properties are in the model files that are represented in the draft. Although some places also edit the template properties directly similar to Acad and don't have the model driving the properties on the sheets.

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP3 - Insight - Win10 - K4200