Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: New user seeks advice

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

HI @Fiorini

depending on how many profiles (frames) are to use, and wether or not other standrad parts also will be necessary You can do a simple calculation:

Let's take for example a simple number and let's say $2000 (I believe it will be less in fact).

And further let's assume what a day of work will cost for a company.

Is it OK if we take $50 / hour multiplied by 8 hours a day brings me to a total of 5 days of work to create all Your standards by Yourself?

But this also would mean that You have available all the sizes, dimensions, names, geometry etc. .

And You have to bring this information into the system, taking care to make no mistakes and errors  and do not entering wrong numbers and also to use the correct text for names, properties, standards etc..

Is it further OK, to assume that to create 1.000 parts in this time will not be possible rather than 100.000

So I for myself can cleary decide that it will be cheaper as a grand total to buy this information at least once to have it available right with a mous click rather than create it manually.

But this all depends on how many parts, profiles, etc,. You really need and want to use.

This is something I had to learn by a user and customer, this is nothing grown up on my own!

regards
Wolfgang

HI @MilesAlex

it is not only Keyshot and Standard Parts Library, it also is Simulation Express end Engineering Reference and Insight AFAIK

regards
Wolfgang

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

@hawcad wrote:

HI @Fiorini

depending on how many profiles (frames) are to use, and wether or not other standrad parts also will be necessary You can do a simple calculation:

But this all depends on how many parts, profiles, etc,. You really need and want to use.

This is something I had to learn by a user and customer, this is nothing grown up on my own!

As I said, if it is just for the frame profiles I would go with the Foundation license.

Experimenter
Experimenter

I'm a sole freelancer and only really use nuts, bolts and structural sections so leaning towards the foundation for now and may upgrade to Classic when the funds are available.

Cheers for your input guys.

-------
Miles

@MilesAlex, Check out this thread: https://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/Solid-Edge-Forum/Good-Profile-database/m-p/410825#U4...

A couple of users shared their hard work on structural profiles by uploading all their files.

Bruce Shand
SE2019 MP8 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Attached is a spreadsheet I found on the web that lists the machinery library contents. It also shows what is available with a Foundation license vs. Classic license (see spreadsheet tabs).

David McMahon
Solid Edge 2019
HP Z2 Mini, Windows 10

Experimenter
Experimenter

Thanks David this is what my reseller said they would forward but yet to receive, great find!

I can't see any referance to classic/foundation in the tabs, but I have had a few beers so will check again tomoz.

Cheers

-------
Miles

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

The part library and rendering are the main differance.

I have been doing all of my work with Foundation for 3.5 years with no regrets as to paying another $1,000/ year maintainiance to gain a library of parts when the only parts I need can be made better and the way I want rather than a pre packed set of stuff that most will never be used.

If you need nuts and bolts to get started, that is the reason to get the Classic. I avoid nuts and bolts compleatly unless they are welded. Unimportant details for me right now. My focus is welded sheet metal.