Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No download link in the e-mail

N/A

Hello, i received the mail with the license file attached but without link for download:
"Dear Student,

Thank you for registering for the Solid Edge Student Edition. The following download link is valid for 24 hours from the time this email was sent:

*For optimal download results, save the file to your local disk."

But there's no link... It's very frustrating... thanks for your help!!

5 REPLIES

Re: No download link in the e-mail

N/A
I am having the same issue, did you find out what to do?

N/A
Not yet, i've tried with 3 different e-mail accounts (even gmail and hotmail) and i still have the same issue... Nothing in the junk folder too...
I'll fill the register form again when the 24 hours will be passed and i'll see what happens..

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor
Hi all,
This issue was discovered and corrected as it seems that some of the emails give an inccorect URL.
.....try this one "http://www.plm.automation.siemens.co...LISH_32Bit.exe"
NOTE: You will still require the license file from that email you have....save the actual file "SELicense.dat" somewhere on your local drive ...run the Solid Edge "License utility" and point the locator to that file location.
Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Ltd
Solid Edge ST10 [MP6] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10 - Quadro P2000

N/A
Thank you very much, i managed to download the 32-bit and i have a 64 bit OS. I've seen in other threads that you've released only the 32 bit version which will run also on 64 bit OS but i'm having some issues with the installation. Is it related to the OS version??
Thank you

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor
No problem.
As to your 64bit OS,...this will not be an issue, as a 32bit application will run fine, just not the other way around. Siemens has erred on the side of caution, and published only a 32bit version that everyone can use FOR FREE.
The only limitation is the capped amount of system memory your OS will allocate to any 32bit app, but unless you're planning on making a many thousands of parts assembly, then MOST systems will cope.
Anyway....happy Solid Edging. Smiley Happy
Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Ltd
Solid Edge ST10 [MP6] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10 - Quadro P2000