No of lic used

Pioneer
Pioneer
We have around 20 lic. sometime lic is not available. We would like to know who are using the lic. is there any utility to check the license used?
9 REPLIES

Re: No of lic used

Phenom
Phenom

Try using the "License Borrowing" utility(search for it in your Windows Start menu).

It should also show at hte bottom what licences are issued and to whom - at least it does for us with a floating licence server.

Genius
Genius

I'm pretty sure your server also has to be setup for this. At a previous employment we couldn't tell who was using what but at another place we could...

Pioneer
Pioneer
Thanks for the input and information on this. I found "License Borrowing". But gives following attached msg. Any help on this appreciated Regards Venny

Pioneer
Pioneer
Added attachment

Pioneer
Pioneer
it says" License file in the solid edge program directory can not contain the "USER_SERVER" INSTRUCTION. Contact your admin and obtain the lic file from the server

Phenom
Phenom

Hi,

there is a free tool available called LicenseUsage

It is a graphical user interface for the FlexLM status query and shows who is using which license in the network.

I think it was a thread here in the forum a couple of month (March) ago.

I have found it: 

http://licenseuasageforflexlm.codeplex.com/

regards
Wolfgang

Pioneer
Pioneer
Wolfgang Do we need install this in server? Mine is client machine Regards Venny

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

There is a documentation page that explains how to use the tool:

http://licenseuasageforflexlm.codeplex.com/documentation

Genius
Genius

I use a macro written back in Nov. 2001 by a gentleman named Phil Bauman. Some of you real old timers might remember him. It creates a text file that looks as follows:

LicenseCheck.jpg

I would be happy to share it, but the other solutions offered here might be better. I have been using it a long time and it works so I never bothered trying anything else.

Bob Henry

Manager of Engineering - Highwall Miners
Caterpillar Global Mining LLC
Houston, PA