Not able to get file properties in drafting

Solution Partner Creator Solution Partner Creator
Solution Partner Creator

i have entered and saved some of the file properties in part modeling environement, but when i'm creating drafting i'm not able to retrieve/get the same properties which i entered in part modeling environment.

please refer to the attached screen shot for your reference.

please help me to solve this issue.

Thank you. 

34 REPLIES

Re: Not able to get file properties in drafting

Phenom
Phenom

Hi @Maheshwaran

If you intend to see the file properties from the part to appear in the file properties dialog in its Draft file, it will probably not. You can place the properties from Part on to a draft sheet via callouts.

Alternatively, use the Property Manager to copy multiple properties between documents.

SEPropManager.png

~Tushar Suradkar

fb.pngSolid Edge Users Facebook Group

[ Everything under the sun about - Solid Edge ]

Phenom
Phenom

Property Manger in Draft will show properties for the draft and its models.

HP Z420 16GB RAM
Quadro K4000
ST7 MP10 on Windows 7 Pro 64.

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

When you say "retrieve" what do you mean? Show them on the background sheet format? Show them in a parts list? Show them in a note or callout?

The properties in your images belong to the individual part and draft files so you shouldn't expect to see properties from parts showing in the file properties dialog for the draft.

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP8 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Betreff: Not able to get file properties in drafting

Phenom
Phenom

Hi @Maheshwaran

I have understood Your question as follows:

You expect SE to populate the part propertioes into the draft file, and this will not be done, even it doesn't make sens.

Example: the autor of the 3D document must not be necessarily the autor of the drawng (draftsmen)

How Solid Edge does use proeprties is, that You can use properties from the 3D document directly within property text in draft.

Example: %{title|R1}referenes to the title of the first 3D document in the draft

To get this code and all correct relations use 

20170508_2042.PNG

regards
Wolfgang

Phenom
Phenom

The only way to display that information other than the parts list is to use annotation AKA a  "callout"

Often this requires an arrow to the part or assembly it's self. The variable is "from graphic connection to part"

For example, I use the following to display labels on every piece of sheet metal in draft. The same label works on flat patterns too.

%{Document Number|GP} %{Title|GP} %{Mass/@1|GP}
%{Gage|GP} x %{Flat_Pattern_Model_CutSizeX/CP/@3|G} x %{Flat_Pattern_Model_CutSizeY/CP/@3|G}

Then I turn off the arrow to the part and located the text relative to the part however is needed, The text will move with the part.

What's disappointing is that this can't be used in table form any way you slice it, and item numbers cant be used of flat patterns.

R1 is the first view inserted into draft. If you use that for anything like weight, then make sure you never delete the first vew  you inserted. There is no way to repair what view is called R1.

TOTAL WEIGHT: %{Mass/@1|R1}

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

I never use R1 personally.

Bruce Shand

Phenom
Phenom

What do you use as a generic reference to whatever the drawing is about? Besides R1, I'm not aware of anything else that can display the weight of anything inserted into a drawing. Could be a part, sheet metal, or assembly. I'm also saying I don't know the parts name ahead of time. I have a single piece of annotation set up to always be used to display the weight of whatever the drawing is about. Is there a better way to get that done?

Phenom
Phenom

On our drawings the weight is only in the parts list, so is always related to the correct model.

Something I would like is for the assembly to be allocated as item 1 when the 'Include top assembly in list' option is on. Why is the item number blank?

HP Z420 16GB RAM
Quadro K4000
ST7 MP10 on Windows 7 Pro 64.

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

@12GAGE, I guess I'm not clear on your problem. I have a text box with "%{Mass|R1}" and it displays the mass for the assembly in the first view I insert. Then I delete that view and anything that references that assembly (other views, bom, balloons) and insert another view of a different assembly that text updates with the different mass value. So where does your problem come in?

Bruce Shand