Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Nothing Happens When I Wrap Sketch; Design Help?

Pioneer
Pioneer

Good evening, I am seeking help, or even opinions, on my model. For anyone that plays tabletop games, I am modeling a "dice roller," simply a castle shaped object with a stairwell that the dice will roll down. While designing the model, I feel that the cutout for the opening needs to be moved to ensure that the dice rolls out completely. When moving the cutout, it becomes distorted. My next idea was to do another wrapped sketch and cutout from there, but whenever I do that, nothing happens when I wrap the sketch. I'm simply in an endless loop of trying to wrap the sketch. I will show images of my model. I would be happy to take design advice of what anyone thinks would work best for my model in order for it to work properly. Thanks in advance. model 2.PNGmodel 1.PNGmodel 3.PNG

3 REPLIES 3

Betreff: Nothing Happens When I Wrap Sketch; Design Help?

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Hi @OliviaK

without having that part it is hard to say or suggest anything meaningful

regards
Wolfgang

Re: Nothing Happens When I Wrap Sketch; Design Help?

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

Have you considered projecting a sketch to the applicable faces instead of wrapping the sketch? Just an idea since we really can't do much without a model. Although, you do have a plane set up that is tangent to the faces you wish to wrap to, correct? Also, is it possible that the cutout you have already in place is the reason the sketch isn't wrapped as perhaps the end result ends up residing inside of the already existing cutout area?

Solid Edge 2019
Windows 7 Professional
Nvidia K2200 & Intel Xeon
"You're doing it wrong"

Re: Nothing Happens When I Wrap Sketch; Design Help?

Pioneer
Pioneer

I believe you are right, it probably is because I am placing a wrapped sketch over a wrapped sketch. Thanks for everyones help, I decided not to go through with this idea anyways.