OCCURENCE PROPERTIES ISSUE

Phenom
Phenom

I'm noticing that when I have an occurence property of a subassembly set to not show up in the parts list, then I transfer that subassembly out to a higher level, I can no longer successfully change that occurence property to show up in the parts list. I can bring the subassembly in again and set the occurence properties as I like, but not for the original occurence. Anybody know how to fix this, as I've got quite a number of relationships on this already, not to mention some exploded views, and I'd prefer to not have to redo all of it.

ST9
Windows 7 Professional
Nvidia K2200 & Intel Xeon
"You're doing it wrong"
9 REPLIES

Betreff: OCCURENCE PROPERTIES ISSUE

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Hi,

do You have a video to show what exactly You are doing to get this behaviour?

Thanks

regards
Wolfgang

Phenom
Phenom

Sorry dude, no. What I did was I had an assembly (A), which contained a few sub assemblies. Inside one of those subassemblies (B) I had another subassembly(C). I had assembly (B) open and had from there changed the occurence properties for subassembly (C) to not show in parts lists. Then later on I transferred (C) from (B) out to assembly (A). Then after making a number of relationships and explosions and such, I realized that (C) wasn't showing up in my parts list, and now I cannot change it's occurence properties to show up in parts list. When I try it doesn't stick. I can bring it in again and change it fine, but not change them for the original.

ST9
Windows 7 Professional
"You're doing it wrong"

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Sounds like you've encountered another bug. For your specific problem maybe a workaround is to rename or copy the C assy to another name and do a replace? Maybe a two step replace with the new C then back to the old C? Just a thought.

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP10 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Hi,

OK, tried to rebuild this situation and here (ST9-MP1) I was able to change the occurency property for BOM to Yes back even in the top assembly

EIther I did a different approach or it has to do with Your assembly structure or the right to it.

regards
Wolfgang

Phenom
Phenom

I tried that. No dice. I was thinking maybe transfer the subassembly back into the assembly it was in when I changed the occurence props, then change them, then transfer back but I'm pretty sure if I do that I'll lose my relationships and my explosions and all. I'm now thinking I'll just do some fakery like just have two instances in my assembly and hide one from the view properties or something. That way my balloons will stay linked in most views just not in my explosions.

ST9
Windows 7 Professional
"You're doing it wrong"

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

Are you using the new Custom Occurrence Properties?

Or did you accidentally click the Add Custom Occurrence Properties buttton?

Not too sure why this would cause the problem though.

LMGi
www.TLMGi.com

Good afternoon,

When trying to change the occurence properties, do you do it in the sub assembly self or in the top assembly?

Regards,

Theodore

Phenom
Phenom
I have tried both. From within the top level, from inside the subassembly, I've also tried selecting occurence props for the entire top level then scrolling to the one in question, I've tried selecting just the subassembly occurence props and changing it standing alone.
ST9
Windows 7 Professional
"You're doing it wrong"

Well, that is strange. We just had the same issue where changing the occurence properties in the sub assembly level wouldn't stick.

However, from the top assembly level the changes do stick.

Regards,

Theodore

Capture.JPG