Betreff: Obsolete to in Work

Genius
Genius

Absolutely, I will keep you posted.

Solid Edge 2019

Phenom
Phenom

Why is everyone trying to cheat the system? I was almost ready to Thumb up the first reply but then they said rename and delete!

You took the part through it's lifecycle. Don't buck the system!

To reinstate do a Save As to a new number and go forward from there. If it requires a big change order- so be it. Lesson will really be learned at that point!

Now, getting off my PDM Purest soapbox...

Ok, now I will say that I did put an admin status into my old companies workflow named "Admin Change". From that state I could send the file back or forward in the workflow. That gets around the rename issue and ensures that timestamps and watermarks get renewed, etc. You should require a signoff and Revision bump to Obsolete part. That way, more than one person has eyes on what you are attempting to do and can stop the revision from happening.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

FYI there is also another Status Changer tool available in the German forums (tool runs in English) that does not require View & Markup to be installed:

https://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/Solid-Edge-Forum-DE/StatusChanger-exe-funktioniert-s...

Genius
Genius

I am going to install View and Markup.

But will it install Insight connect to?

Will this do anything to my allready installed Solid Edge 2019?

Nothing must happend with Solid Edge now.

Solid Edge 2019
Highlighted

Genius
Genius

Thank you!!

The program works :-)

Now the CNC-operator can do his job, and deliver the product in time. The Cam system can only import STEP and IGES files.

Cheers,

Geir

Solid Edge 2019