Off topic: Latest Solid Edge + Keyshot project

Good morning everyone,

I'm just so super proud of the guys in our CAD office, I felt that I had to share it with this user group.

Below is a video of our latest 18 meter narrow fold planter. Don't let anyone try to convince you that Solid Edge is not a capable piece of software.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ah7y20IMl_Y

Kind regards,

Theodore

6 REPLIES

Re: Off topic: Latest Solid Edge + Keyshot project

Genius
Genius

Hi @TheodoreTurner

Nice piece of good design.

regards,

Arek

Production: SE ST9 MP12
;

Genius
Genius

Nice finished product!

What's the unique part & assembly count, and total hours to final design? Not how many total pieces, but how many part & assembly numbers.

Hello,

It is a bit difficult to give one single answer. We have a "master" assembly with all options and configurations for this specific product range. Below is the assembly stats for this master assembly.

Capture_A.JPG

A separate assembly was created for the animation. Below is the stats for this assembly.

Capture_B.JPG

As for the time it took...well, I wish I could give you a proper answer. Some of the design is completely new and some of it evolved over a period of a couple of years.

Regards,

Theodore

Phenom
Phenom

Hi,

Great job, I like agriculture machines. It seems, you & your team use Solid Edge SP for data handling...

BR,

Imics
http://solidedgest.wordpress.com/

Hello Imics,

Thank you. Yes, you are right, we are using SESP for data and workflow management. I can't imagine not using some sort of data management for large assemblies and projects.

We are moving on though and are in the very early stages of migrating to Teamcenter.

Regards,

Theodore

Phenom
Phenom

That thing is wicked. Nice.

ST9
Windows 7 Professional
Nvidia K2200 & Intel Xeon
"You're doing it wrong"