Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Oh! That works nice! - KUDUs to SE

Genius
Genius

Another I really like is the ST10 Viewer.  It's basically Solid Edge with menus/tabs removed.  It doubles as a 2D editor.  As a viewer for models and parts it can utilize the clipping planes functionality, view display configurations, family of assemblies, measure, etc...  

I've had very good response from non-Solid Edge users using the new viewer/2D editor.  It's very nice that the interface is the same as Solid Edge.

Brian Fritz
Solid Edge Certified Professional
Solid Edge 2019 latest MP

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

@Fritz,  Yes, previous viewers measure functionality was horrible. That's a main plus for us.

Bruce Shand
SE2019 MP8 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Phenom
Phenom

This I always love to see, I cannot fathom how they figured how to do it, but I like it.

ReattachedLove.PNG

->If you cannot find a Solid Edge setting, confirm you have a file open of the type that will be affected.
->If you have started a thread and a response solves the problem or answers the question you asked, then please mark it as solution. Note, there can be multiple solutions for a thread.

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

Sometimes I forget how much I love this software, and I know she doesn't always get made to feel appreciated like she should, but today I got a glimpse of why I left so many other software packages to come back to my beloved Solid Edge. I made the storage bin/scale hopper yesterday, well I made the original yesterday at least. This one I copied over with design manager, then from the peer variables I modified it, going for Ø36" OD to like Ø48", the cone changed it's slope from 70° to now 60°, it's height actually scrunched from the previous from about 54" to more like 52", locations of inlets, couplings, support lugs, lifting lugs, sight glass and aeration pads even on the cone at off angles all changed, I did this from the top level of the assembly, which I'm used to, but when I go into the drawing for the assembly of this, and I updated my views, I didn't get a single detachment. No detached dimensions, balloons, callouts, nothing. I even have detail views inside of detail views going on here. I have an auxilary view that has a detail view that is itself a broken out view with the broken out portions profile defined using a curve, and it's fin. I have a section view stairing down normal to the cone side and it's fine. The closest thing to a detachment I got was on the bolt circle on the lid, well it went from having 36 holes to having 44 holes, so I had to do an edit on that bolt circle to add those extra occurences with their center marks. That's it. And since the dimension on those holes was usuing a smart feature callout, it's quantity updated automatically. Seriously, I need to model up a king sized bed to trick this software into getting into with me so I can load her up with an anchor baby so Solid Edge won't ever ever leave me.

Love,

nominus  XOXOXOXOsmileyface

Capture.JPG

Solid Edge 2019
Windows 7 Professional
Nvidia K2200 & Intel Xeon
"You're doing it wrong"

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

@nominus38, I'd say you already got lucky.

Bruce Shand
SE2019 MP8 - Insight - Win10 - K4200