One Question ST7 Survey

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

I've been pleased to see the buzz around ST7. Are you using it yet? Let me know in Dan's one question survey:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/TLWSX8L

Thanks!

Dan Staples
Director, Solid Edge Product Development
16 REPLIES

Re: One Question ST7 Survey

Dan,

Survey completed ! (I'm using ST7 in production).

I don't know what type of tweaking you've done but it looks like ST7 is faster.
I would guess 10 to 15% faster without any change in my computer.

Thank you Solid Edge team !!

Michel

Legend
Legend

I'm waiting for CAMWorks to come out with the compatable update.

Using SE since V12, 2002

Dan,

Tested Solid Edge SP last weekend, everything looked fine. Updating our production database to ST7 this morning. Looking forward to all the new features.

Regards,

Theodore

Database update went very smooth, all systems go.

Capture_SESP ST7.JPG

Phenom
Phenom

Dan,

Both Paul and I are both using it for Production, and it's nothing short of brilliant. All the little changes add up to such a big bonus. I haven't had the time to delve into the newer features yet, but it's almost like it doesn't matter.... ST7 is a tremendous release. Such subtle refinements all over the place. And as mentioned by others, it seems to run faster then before.

And one of the coolest parts.... it works on my new Microsoft Surface Pro 3 i7 254GB Tablet that I received for my birthday this week. I'm blown away by how cool it was to have a Full Assembly with almost 1,000 parts on a tablet.... It's beyond my wildest dreams. I thought I would be stuck with just playing with a few parts and small assemblies, but to see it work so well on a medium size Assembly is encouraging. But I do think you're going to need a some GUI grooming for this to be a true portable (tablet) platform. Things like the Pathfinder are so small it's almost impossible to use. But I'm still finding my way through tweaking ST7 on it, so in a few weeks I'll report my progress.

But back to ST7... Nice job!!!!!!   Lov'n it big time!

Bob

Phenom
Phenom

Well here's a quick video of me opening a 1,000 piece Assembly using my new Surface Pro 3

This is going to be fun...

watch here: http://screencast.com/t/2Lha1VIF

PLM World Member Valued Contributor PLM World Member Valued Contributor
PLM World Member Valued Contributor

So Bob has gone from the advocate for a GUI for big screens to the advocate for a GUI  for small screens Smiley Happy

I have to agree that the Surface and Solid Edge combination is impressive.

Phenom
Phenom

Yeah as to be expected, I'm always at extremes.

I think the concept of being able to carry a 2lb. tablet/setup that'll let to do more then just Mark-up drawings is very compeling. My intention is to be able to be home, or traveling, and try playing with a few solutions to an issue. 12" sceen is not going to be efficient for true all in designing complete machines, but making a few edits here or there or making simple assemblies will be great. And that's because there's no tradeoff... you're using a full version of Solid Edge ST7 in all it's glory with no comprimises.

The only thing so far, that I find a bit difficult to navigate, is the Pathfinder. Maybe they can add a Tablet Options Tab and give users a few tweaks to make it a bit easier to use. But everything else so far seems to scale nicely.

Bob

PLM World Member Valued Contributor PLM World Member Valued Contributor
PLM World Member Valued Contributor

How about connecting your tablet to a customers projector for a presentation? That would be impressive.