One of the nicest they added to ST8 is?

I liked to see what people found new and interesting in ST8

i love this new "Repair Missing Files" dialog box they've added to assy. Saves time. They need to open also if your accessing the assembly  from draft.

18 REPLIES

Re: One of the nicest they added to ST8 is?

The ability to orient angled planes and the additional handles on dimensions comes to mind.

I personally like the new "top level assembly" filter in the File Open dialog. I am not sure how much production folks would use it, but I am often groping through other peoples stuff and its very handy to be able to pick out the top level ASM by using this filter.
Dan Staples
Director, Solid Edge Product Development

I like the Compare Drawings tool in ST8.  I tweaked the colors on my system using red and blue to really make the changes stand out.  Very cool addition.

Kyle

Kyle Joiner
IPA LLC
ST9 MP1

[ Edited ]

At the risk of sounding far-fetched, I'd say introduction of the "compact" Design Intent panel would do to ST what Walkman did to the music industry. Now everyone's gonna love ST more, use it more, embrace it without hesitation. Time will show - bookmark my post !!

Line by midpoint, this is a cool 😎 feature, but assembly contains lots of great features like "variable motor" or "autohide" coordinate system after placing a model and etc... Love this version!

BR,
Imics
http://solidedgest.wordpress.com/

Looks like they gave us the capability to turn off the Updated Drawing View notification. Which i like a lot. But, how do you turn it back on if needed?

Pattern by Table has got to be one of the best new features.  I have used it to the full ability linking the same pattern over 4 parts,  a frame (linked via Project to sketch and a OP set part) , a rubber seal and a 2 part oil pan. All holes lining up perfectly. and any change reflected in all holes. Even links to the pattern of fasterners aswell.  Would be nice to have this option as an assembly feature please #danstaples

I am finding technical requirements along with the drawing part views linked to assmembly (new in ST7) great, meaning i dont have to check all my callouts and notes every time i make a change.

ST8 MP11 / ST9 MP02

One thing I can't believe they didn't add was high resolution icons, or any kind of scaling for high DPI displays.

They advertise using the software on a surface pro 3, I can't imagine it's useable on that display. I'm using a 28" 4k desktop monitor and everything is tiny, when I turn on the option for 2x buttons everything becomes pixellated and looks like crap.

Not very impressed.

[ Edited ]

Here's a very cool one. Now in the Hole command. once placeing the hole, the next step you no longer have give direction of hole. This will be a BIG time saver

somone better not say this is broke...Smiley Happy This is kick butt