Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open NX assembly part

Phenom
Phenom

Hi,

in our company we have NX 11 and Solid Edge ST10 SP5. When I open with SE assembly .prt NX file, the result is an empty file without components. Maybe some limitations or a setting in NX that block the correct conversion ?

Thank you...

Using NX 11 / RuleDesigner PDM

10 REPLIES

Re: Open NX assembly part

Legend
Legend

Hi @cubalibre00

There is no problem to convert a one file/part to SE. Issues are with the assemblies.

the best solution I found was saving NX to STEP/IGES and then open it in SE.

Previous disscussion:

https://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/Solid-Edge-Forum/Unigraphics/m-p/463758#M39217

regards,

Arek

Production: SE ST10 MP7
;

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Per the Solid Edge readme file, did you download and install the latest PLMXML adapter? 

Phenom
Phenom

uk_dave wrote:

Per the Solid Edge readme file, did you download and install the latest PLMXML adapter? 

Hi @uk_dave,

I'm a NX user then I don't know SE setting or customizations. Anyway I've downloaded what the image is marked in red.

How install this adapter ?

plmxml.png

Thank you...

Siemens Phenom

From the Solid Edge readme file:

Solid Edge, Femap, and NX plmxml

For Solid Edge ST10 file compatibility with the latest releases of NX and Femap, the latest plmxml adapter may be needed and will be available after ST10 release at:

https://download.industrysoftware.automation.siemens.com/solid_edge/ST10/plmxml/.

For NX, the adapter should be copied to the NX installation folder (for NX 11.0 this is %UGII_BASE_DIR%NXBIN, and for older versions, %UGII_BASE_DIR%\UGII). For Femap, it should be copied to the Femap\Util folder.

Phenom
Phenom

Hi @uk_dave,

then if I open NX assembly prt file with Solid Edge ST 10, I need to put the zip content into NXBIN folder ?

Like this ?

se adapter.png

Thank you...

Siemens Phenom

Nope!

You only need to copy the plmxmlAdapterSE70.map and plmxmlAdapterSE70.dll files from the VS2015 folder in this zip file into your NXBIN folder location which will then overwrite your existing versions of these files.

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Hi @uk_dave

to clarify it for me, this is something what must be changed on the NX side rather than at the Solid Edge computer?

regards
Wolfgang

Phenom
Phenom

uk_dave wrote:

Nope!

You only need to copy the plmxmlAdapterSE70.map and plmxmlAdapterSE70.dll files from the VS2015 folder in this zip file into your NXBIN folder location which will then overwrite your existing versions of these files.

Hi @uk_dave,

files overwritten like your correction, but the result is the same. If the NX assembly file reside in a different location respect to components file, it's a problem ?

I open an IR to GTAC, maybe is a NX setting unknown that stop the correct conversion.

Thank you...

Siemens Phenom

@hawcad this is to be done on the NX side.

@cubalibre00 you still have to have the latest PLMXML adapter installed regardless but the fact that the NX assembly does not reside in the same folder as the NX parts is a convenient fact you forgot to mention at the start of this thread.  The opening of an NX assembly with child parts in a different folder is fully documented in the Solid Edge Help:

https://docs.plm.automation.siemens.com/tdoc/se/110/se_help/#uid:ugse1a