Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open Save macro that will update a BOM on a draft file

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Does anyone know if someone has already created or modified the open save macro to do an update on a BOM within a DFT file?  Right now all it does it updates the views, but it will not update the BOM.  We have several dfts that I need to update the description of some HDWR that is currently displayed in the BOM and I'd like to automate this process.  Any help is appreciated!

17 REPLIES

Re: Open Save macro that will update a BOM on a draft file

Legend
Legend

Take a look at EdgePublisher

It wil find all associated draft and checks if the drawings are up to date, if not he will update the models, than the drawings incl. the partslists.

https://edgepublisher.com/

And it will do more.. f.i. create pdf, 3D pfd, dwg, dxf, save as flat, stp, iges, whatever in one go...   unite a assy..  etc. etc.. etc.

Kind Regards,

Jan Bos

Emmen, The Netherlands

User since V3.5

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

How do I obtain a "license"?

Legend
Legend
You don't, I have been trying for over a year, it is a dead project.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Man Sad

Legend
Legend

I may have spoken too soon, i just looked at his web page and it appears he updated it in august this year. Try sending him an email as stated here. https://edgepublisher.com/downloads/

/edit

Well I tried to install the latest version and it doesn't even finish installing, it just hangs and crashes out...

Gears Honored Contributor Gears Honored Contributor
Gears Honored Contributor

Not sure if it is allowed to share modified code files from the Custom folder here.

I added a check box similar to update views and just below it for updating the BoMs.

The project files from my ST 8 folder are attached here.

When you biild the project, it will update all BoMs on all sheets.

UpdateBoMs.png

Gears Honored Contributor Gears Honored Contributor
Gears Honored Contributor

[EDIT] The modified project does not update the log file writing part, so it won't write anything in the log files about the BoMs.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

That looks like it will do exactly as I need.  I have one problem...what do I need to do to get it to open?  The ZIP file that you provided does not include the opensave.exe file.  I tried copying "Bin" folder and contents from the C:\Program Files\Solid Edge ST9\Custom\OpenSave location, but when I dbl click on it, it still opens the old version.  What am I doing wrong.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

@MikeSaari Tushar did not provide the compiled exe file.  You will need to recompile the source code that @Tushar provided you by using Visual Studio.