Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open part in assembly orientation?

Builder
Builder

like in SW i can open a part in the same orientation it is in the assembly is there a way to do it in SE.

at the moment it opens it in the orientation it was last saved in. 

Regards,

MagRiz
(ST9 User Est 01.18)
6 REPLIES

Re: Open part in assembly orientation?

from the top leave assy you can edit in place into a part and this will show...  but the assy view might still be rotated about the WCS.

I think you may be referring to a modeling approach rather than a software command,  but I may be wrong.

It seems to me that you are referring to Aerospace or automotive modeling practices where parts are modeled to a similar globally defined WCS.  if this is the case then all parts are "out in space" as related to the WCS...  as the WCS is "assembly based" .

You can certainly model this way in SE.  the easiest way is to create a part in place and use the Assy origin for the part origin...

===================================================
Matt Johnson
Solid Edge Certified Professional (ST7 & ST8)
Solid Edge ST9 (SEEC) - Production
NX11 (Tc Integration) Pre-Production Testing
Teamcenter 10.1.7

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Just double click the part to edit it in context. If you don't want to see the other assembly elements, hit Ctrl Q (hide previous level).

Dan Staples
Director, Solid Edge Product Development

Legend
Legend

dcstaples wrote:

Just double click the part to edit it in context. If you don't want to see the other assembly elements, hit Ctrl Q (hide previous level).

Funny, it took me 4-5 years before I knew of the Ctrl Q command..  Now it's a programmed button on my space mouse.

-Craig

Builder
Builder

oops, i have already reassigned that key stroke to something else. SE didnt warn me it was used for something else.Smiley LOL

Regards,

MagRiz
(ST9 User Est 01.18)

Phenom
Phenom

Hi @MagRiz

SE does:

ControlQHPL.png

Highlighted

Legend
Legend

Hi @dcstaples

This command Ctrl+Q is very good, but how to reverse this operation? Is there another Trick?

Edited:

I've noticed that using Ctrl+Q again, that brings all temporarily hidden parts to be visible.

Thank you,

Arek

Production: SE ST10 MP6
;