Opening Creo .drw in Solid Edge

Experimenter
Experimenter

Does anyone know if there is a way to open 2D PTC Creo drawings (*.drw) files directly in Solid Edge?  I am looking for a solution where I do not have to translate them to another format first before opening them in SE ST7.

Thank you,

Eric

Eric Kauffman
Kirby Risk Precision Machining
Engineering / Systems Manager
3 REPLIES

Re: Opening Creo .drw in Solid Edge

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

No, you cannot open Pro/E or Creo drawings in Solid Edge.

Do you have Creo installed?  If so, you may be able to use the Pro/E data migration wizard but it does require Pro/e-Creo to be installed to work.

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP10
Testing: ST10 MP3

Solution Partner Valued Contributor Solution Partner Valued Contributor
Solution Partner Valued Contributor

Hi Grundey,

Data migration is very good tool to migrate other CAD (part and assemblies) software to SolidEdge. it's also very good because it can detect some features like holes and threads.

one thing that i was wondering is while migrating 2D drawing files, it can only migrate to .dwg and pdf. which means that for 2D draft needs, we need to rework the drawing, aren't we?

or might be i missed one thing so the 2D Drawing can be migrate to dwg or pdf only?.

PLease advise

Thanks

Triana Ad

Experimenter
Experimenter

Thank you guys.  I thought this was the case but wanted to pose the question in case there was a technique out there that I was not aware of.  This is a pet project I am working on for a division of my company that does electrical wiring harnesses.  They are struggling to get the BOM information from its native Pro/E format into Excel so they can import it into their MRP system.  Currently it requires a lot of manual input.

Thank you again for the advice.

Eric

Eric Kauffman
Kirby Risk Precision Machining
Engineering / Systems Manager