Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opening Previous Version Files in ST10 - Please Read

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

We are aware of the issue with opening files saved in previous versions of Solid Edge 2D Drafting. We are working on a solution. The following is a link to ST9 that can be installed again. You will need to uninstall ST10 first. Copy and paste the link into the field at the top of your browser and press Enter to start the download. If you need a different language, change 'ENGLISH' to the language required before you press Enter.

http://dl2.plm.automation.siemens.com/solidedge/free2d/v109/SE_Free_2D_ENGLISH_ST9.exe

Once we have resolved the issue, we will repost the download for ST10. At that time wou will need to uninstall ST10. Then go back to the 2D Drafting web site and download the software and install again. A reply to this post will be added when the updated download is ready.

Regards,

Rick B.

20 REPLIES

Re: Opening Previous Version Files in ST10 - Please Read

Siemens Phenom

Here is an update on the file open issue with ST10.

The issue has been resolved and updated software has been posted to the Free 2D web site.

To get the update please do the following.

1. Uninstall your current Solid Edge 2D Drafting ST10 software.

2. Return to the Free 2D web site. You will have to register again to enable the download.

3. Download and install the updated Solid Edge 2D Drafting ST10 software.

If you still have problems opening files, please reply to this post.

Regards,

Rick B.

Genius
Genius

Ricky, I've been waiting for this update. Thanks. However, after the download completed, it's asking for a license file. If I have it on my pc from previouse useage, I have no idea where to find it. After going to the SE website for licensing and loging in, I'm brought to: https://www.plm.automation.siemens.com/en_us/support/gtac/. I don't recognize a "license download" link on that page.

I don't recall having this problem on previous updates.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Ron

Siemens Phenom

When you run Solid Edge you will see the Solid Edge License Utility.

Simply click on the option at the bottom 'I want to use the viewer mode / Free 2D Drafting'.

Then click OK. It will enable the license for 2D Drafting.

The software has been enhanced to be able to open and view 3D models that are created with Solid Edge. This is for Solid Edge customers who want a low cost way for users to view native Solid Edge 3D model files. This is without the need to model or make changes. Users on the shop floor could fall into that catagory.

This presents an extra step to enable 2D Drafting/3D Viewing, but should still be easy to get running.

Regards,

Rick B. 

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello,

Have installed the free 2D ST10 in the last hour from the website. It will open previous files from both ST9 and 10. However, it only does so if those files were saved in the page/render views. Any file saved in 2d will not open and the program instantly shuts down with the option to send notification, which I have each time. Can you tell me if the fix in this forum is to address this specifically? 

Thank you,

Mike

Highlighted

Genius
Genius

Rick, did that and as soon as I opened a ST9 file, it crashed. Tried again and with a different file, ditto. Tried again but with no file. OK until I open any ST9 file. But if I open a native ST10 file, OK.

As I write this, I see an email in my inbox from "Mike"  acknowledging what appears to be the same problem.

Glad I'm not alone.

Thanks,

Ron

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

@ronlatourOpen the Solid Edge Learning pane and click on the About Solid Edge link.  In the displayed dialog you will see the version number and it should be "110.00.03.003 x64"

Ken

Production: ST10 MP6
Testing: SE 2019

Genius
Genius

Ken, what I see is: 110.00.00.107 x64

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Ron

Experimenter
Experimenter

Me too:

Version 110.00.00.107 x64

Please provide link to updated version.

Thanks!

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

That is not the updated version.  Make sure you uninstall it, delete any previously downloaded ST10 package, and then download ST10 Free2D again from the Siemens site.  If you do this and the version number is still wrong, then someone at Siemens has not posted the updated package and will need to correct it.

Ken

Production: ST10 MP6
Testing: SE 2019