Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opening document error

N/A

Hi everyone,
I had solid edge St5 installed on my laptop and it worked pretty good. No problem. Then I switched for windows8 and it worked fine too. Now I am back again on windows7 home premium and when I start a new part or draft, or open a document I have this error each time. http://hpics.li/c1ddfcc . Then Solid Edge close. Any idea of what I need to do ?

Thanks guys

9 REPLIES

Re: Opening document error

N/A
same thing here with win 7 proffessional x64. several install/uninstalls later i just gave up. have no response from siemens either.

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor
Hi there,
Did you allow the application to submit the crash log file via email?...the contents of that file will typically point to the root cause of the issue.
If you still have that file, perhaps you could post it here as an attachment for whatever help I/we can be.
Is this the same system that has reverted back to Win7 from Win8, or different PC's?
Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Ltd
Solid Edge ST10 [MP7] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10 - Quadro P2000

same thing here with win 7 proffessional x64. several install/uninstalls later i just gave up. have no response from siemens either.

Hi there,
What part of the install/running was giving you a problem....I have seen hardly any issues with the many students I have recommended this software to.
Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Ltd
Solid Edge ST10 [MP7] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10 - Quadro P2000

N/A
hello again,
Yes, i submitted the crash log and looked at it myself.
The problem is that i just cannot open a part/make a new part. Every time i try. It then shuts SE down.

How much RAM do you have and what graphics card do you have? My guess it is related to the graphics card and one solution is to go into the solid edge options and change it to use Backing Store but you have to be able to start a new Part or Assembly to get to that option.

Ken

Production: ST10 MP6
Testing: SE 2019

N/A
i have intel i7 integrated graphics and an nvidia gt525M graphics card with 8GB of memory. (with SE it will default to Nvidia.)
It's weird, cause i cannot do anything - making a NEW (emty sheet)drawing will not take neither 1GB of vram nor 8gb of ram.
Thanks again for helping. Could the installer be corrupt? should i check its hash?

N/A
I found the problem because it was the same at my school. I Installed mastercam x6 and then tried to install solid edge. It seems that both on win 7 dont work. So I uninstalled mx6 and install St6. Then it works pretty well. But I can't use mastercam. Hope it will help other with the same problem.

N/A
I still with the same specs, same computer.

N/A
I have Mastercam X7 and X6 installed and some more versions. I guess we found the problemSmiley Very Happy.
I am not going to uninstall mastercam. I really hoped i could use solid edge for schoolwork cause i saw a very good demo of it and it is used at our school. I guess i will have to keep using SW...

Too bad they don't care about the student version enough to fix this. This isn't a problem in proffesional version. And even if it were, they would fix it over night.