Opening multiple files

[ Edited ]

Greetings fellow users,

Has anyone else noticed that you can no longer open multiple files from the File Open menu after updating to ST8? More importantly, does anyone know of how to remedy this so we can once again open multiple files at once?

Thank you in advance,

Gabriel

Gabriel Gullickson
Mechanical Drafter
Spectrum Industries
ST8
7 REPLIES

Re: Opening multiple files

[ Edited ]

I just opened about 7 parts at once.

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP7 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

I also have not had some problem opening multiple files at once in ST8.
Brian Fritz
Solid Edge Certified Professional
ST9 latest MP

yes this is a problem and been before ST8. There must be some limit that you can select. You can obiviously open them all in one session. For some reason they wont let you. not sure if this a windows problem or SE

I am able to open multiple files from ST6 MP14 and also ST8 MP5.

From the image it appears you are opening directly from a network location.

I suspect that could be a problem where it stops opening files somewhere halfway due to network issues.

Don't think so much a network problem. you can only pick so many files. not sure if it was 6 or 7 when it changed. you use to be able to pick as many as you wanted. I just live with it cause they wouldn't change it

[ Edited ]

I think TBD may be closer to the issue stating that it may be a Windows problem. I cannot select multiple files using the Ctrl or Shift buttons in my open menu screen. Up until we installed ST8, we all were able to open muptiple files at once. We upgraded computers the same time we updated to ST8. Also, I have heard but not confirmed that, others outside of engineering can still open multiple files at once.

Here is the kicker though, I can still open multiple files at once in Windows Excel. See the new screenshot I have attached. So is this a Windows issue or a Windows working with Solid Edge problem.

BTW, thank you all for your input Smiley Happy

Gabriel Gullickson
Mechanical Drafter
Spectrum Industries
ST8

[ Edited ]

Just now I opened 28 parts at once.

Edit: That was from an SE dialog. I just opened 11 parts at once from Windows Explorer.

So, I'm not sure what's going with two of you guys. What OS?

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP7 - Insight - Win10 - K4200