Option.xml

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello,

I am testing ST6 for our company to migrate. If i try to change the option.xml file in the "File Location" in "Solid Edge Options", the program hangs and i have to kill it by task manager. Any ideas?

I am also still working on ST4 on my regular PC, but i use a different options.xml file for all ST4 pc's. The options.xml file has been saved with the new version of SEAdmin.exe

Thx, Johan

3 REPLIES

Re: Option.xml

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I am using the same Logon on my Windows 7 station where i work with ST4 as a do on my Windows 7 station where i test ST6. Could it be something within my Windows profile?

The new version of SEAdmin sometimes crashes... strange things here. About Solid Edge Admin says: "Solid Edge Admin version 1.0" Is that correct?

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Make sure that you are running the right bit version of SEAdmin i.e. 32-bit SEAdmin with 32-bit Solid Edge, 64-bit SEAdmin with 64-bit Solid Edge.

Not sure how you are trying to set the Solid Edge options file location i.e. by browsing to it but you can also cut and paste the file location into the preference as well.  If hanging while browsing to the file location try cutting and pasting instead. 

Remember the options.xml folder location should be a UNC path location.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

OK a few lines where "M:\server\..." instead of "\\server\..."

64 bit version was OK

Seems to be working now, Thx, Johan