Solved! Go to solution

Options.xml

How do you edit this file?  In the past there was a file called SEAdmin.exe used to edit it.  I can not seam to find this file in ST9.

10 REPLIES
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author novaman
‎06-15-2017 12:28 PM

Re: Options.xml

Hi there @novaman,

You'll find "SEAdmin.exe" on the DVD.......browse to the "SptTools" folder.

If you only have the download file, you will need to unpack it to navigate to it.

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP0] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

... and although it might be clear, but You have to copy it into the SE program folder

regards
Wolfgang

I edit it in notepad, mostly because I haven't installed Gedit or Kate on work machine.

@bnemec  I use seadmin to edit options.xml but I've never heard of these editors (gedit and kate). What do you see as their advantages over notepad or, if you know it, notepad++?

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP8 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Hi,

as mentioned by @bshand I also see the SEadmin as the more user friendly tool than any other XML editors.

But to complete the list of editors: don't forget the XML Notepad from Microsoft.

This at least is a tool especially made for XML editing

regards
Wolfgang

I would not advise editing the XML directly using a generic editor.  I've seen some applications crash because of missing tag elements due to accidental deletion or not understanding the XML formatting rules.

If you must use a generic editor, I would suggest using one that has XML syntax checking that will warn you when it is malformed.

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP7
Testing: ST10

Thanks for all the suggestions.  I finally found SeAdmin.exe

Thanks for all the suggestions.  I finally found SeAdmin.

@bshand they are similar to notepad++ originate from Linux side; I haven't used notepad++ much though. They are handy tools when editing various languages as you can set up color, indenting a couple of spaces instead of tab character etc. for many file types. Much quicker than a full blown IDE for simple stuff. I fear I'm going OT but did not want to be rude and not reply.