Ordered mode

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hello once again,

here i am again,

i am working with some of old drawings made by some one in ordered mode.

every time i try to edit it, it won,t let me change any thing.

again i am missing out something, i know the live rules won,t let you chnage most of the time. still there must be more to it, i am confused here.

sam

6 REPLIES

Re: Ordered mode

Phenom
Phenom
Sam,

You need to move the features to Synchronous environment first. Highlight the features and then RMB and click "move to synchronous" then RMB and click transition to Synch... Then you can use the Synch. They should merge these two steps into one command.

Bob

Pioneer
Pioneer
Thanks for quick reply bob,
But the part was made in ordered moded not in sync at all, does that make any sense ? As am still lost :/

Sam

Phenom
Phenom

Sam it doesn't matter a bit.... Here watch this quick video on a part from SE V12. Sorry the volume is a bit low so crank up your speakers a bit.

http://screencast.com/t/UxYmIVuB5

Bob

Phenom
Phenom

Some of the ordered and ordered/sync mixed tutorials included with Solid Edge might really help you here. I suggest you go through a few, as it will probably answer a lot of your questions on how the two modes work together.

-Dylan Gondyke

Pioneer
Pioneer
Thanks Bob, according to this video, you may switch to sync modem from ordered before modifying, and then switch back to ordered before saving it, right

Pioneer
Pioneer
i am doing it, but just trying to get my head around the two modes, so i can start doing doing some assembly work ?