Overcome Sync mode

Phenom
Phenom

I have had a rough time trying to use Sync mode. My primary problem is view control.

When I start a sketch in Ordered, the view moves normal to the plane. If I need to rotate to check an include selection, I rotate than use the Control-H command to get back to normal. I can't find how to work the same way in sync mode.

And yes I believe my options to be correct, Sync is just different.

6 REPLIES

Re: Overcome Sync mode

Phenom
Phenom

Ctrl+H does not seem to wor in Synch.

I use Ctrl+T, R, L, etc or Look at face to get a view normal to the plane of the sketch.

Legend
Legend

It works the same way BUT you have to be LOCKED to a specific plane for SE to orient the view accordingly.

Laurenj.

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

This has been changed in ST7.  Without a plane locked in Synch, the Sketch View command will orient to the most parallel reference plane or if you have started drawing on a part face, it will reorient to that even though it is not locked.

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP10
Testing: ST10 MP1

Phenom
Phenom

Orienting to the closest parallel plane is a nice enhancement.

Hopefully ST7 also orients to the closest isometric view using the QuickView cube.

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Sure does, just click on the corner of the cube closest to you.

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP10
Testing: ST10 MP1

Phenom
Phenom
The QuickView cube is incredibly slick.... just months ago I was complaining about the useless corner orientation triad and what a wasted opportunity it was, and they come up with this visually intuitive little thing that makes my view button shortcuts obsolete!
-Dylan Gondyke