PART SUPPRESS INASSEMBLY

Experimenter
Experimenter

HOW TO SUPPRESS THE PART IN ASSEMBLY USING PERAMITRIC MODLING FOR AUTOMATION PUROES IN SOLID EDGE

14 REPLIES

Re: PART SUPPRESS INASSEMBLY

Phenom
Phenom

What do you mean with "Supress"?

You could either create a Display Configuration without the Part you would like to "Supress".

Or you could use the main Display configuration use Hide // See the screenshot

Yasser

display_01.jpg

Phenom
Phenom

No parametric modeling needs to be done for automation purpose.

Unlike features in a part document where you create a suppression variable for controlling visibility, the parts placed in an assembly can be accessed via the Occurrence object having a Visible property which is a Boolean.

Hope this answers your query.

~Tushar

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

@Tushar"can be accessed via the Occurrence object having a Visible property which is a Boolean."

Huh? Can you explain that a little further?

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP10 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Phenom
Phenom

@bshand Based on the very short and severely misspelled post, my interpretation of the question is this:

The user wants to show/hide or suppress/unsuppress parts in an assembly via automation.

A commonly used method in a Part for suppressing/unsuppressing features is to right-click a feature in the PathFinder and select Add Suppression Variable. This adds a variable to the Variable table in the format "FeatureName_Suppression". A value of either 1 or 0 can be assigned to the suppression variable.

Set the value of this suppression variable from a automation programm written in VB.Net, CSharp or C++ to 0 to suppress the feature and 1 to un-suppress the feature.

My guess is the user wants to do similar thing in an assembly i.e. show/hide parts or components in the assembly from a VB.Net program. From the automation program, the parts in the assembly can be accesses via the occurrences collection and each occurrence corresponds to a part in the  assembly. The occurrence has a Visible property which can be changed to True or False to show/hide it.

I have not tried this out but inferred this based on a glance through the Object Browser in Visual Studio. Only the user can confirm if this is what s/he is looking for.

~Tushar

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Thanks. Yeah, I got the suppression variable for parts thing. It was just that one sentence that got me.

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP10 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Experimenter
Experimenter

YES Mr. Tushar thats what i want, same like in part feature suppress i want to do it in the assembly is there any possibility to do that

Phenom
Phenom

This makes me think of the gag when you talk to fast food speaker all broken up like a bad speaker, and  the order taker repeats back the order perfectly clear.

Phenom
Phenom

@VASA

There is no need to do anything to the assembly or parts in the assembly.

The Visible property can be set to True or False to show/hide the part in assembly.

~Tushar

Phenom
Phenom

This is how you can do it and as you see there is no need to prepare the assembly:

Imports System.Runtime.InteropServices

Imports SolidEdgeFramework

Imports SolidEdgeFrameworkSupport

Module Module1

Public oApp As SolidEdgeFramework.Application

Public oDoc As SolidEdgeAssembly.AssemblyDocument

Sub Main()

oApp = Marshal.GetActiveObject("SolidEdge.Application")

oDoc = oApp.ActiveDocument

Dim oOccs As SolidEdgeAssembly.Occurrences

Dim oOcc As SolidEdgeAssembly.Occurrence

oOccs = oDoc.Occurrences

oOcc = oOccs.Item(1)

'oOcc = oOccs.Item("chead.par:1")

oOcc.Visible = False 'Or True

End Sub

End Module