PATHFINDER disappears in parts

My pathfinder keeps disappearing and doesn't come back. It's on particular parts, and it seems to be only after I tried to run a macro to save out all dxf's in a folder when the app crashes. When I open back up on these .par files, which are sheet metal but not created natively as a psm, no pathfinder.

(view in My Videos)

ST9
Windows 7 Professional
Nvidia K2200 & Intel Xeon
"You're doing it wrong"
4 REPLIES

Re: PATHFINDER disappears in parts

[ Edited ]

Maybe try this:

Close Solid Edge
Stay logged on as your normal user (not administrator or something)

Open Regedit.exe
Browse to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Unigraphic Solutions\Solid Edge\[Version in use]\[Application]\Toolbars
where [Version in use] is the version of Solid Edge you are using and [Application] is Assembly, Part etc. of which the toolbars have disappeared
Delete the 'directory' Toolbars.
When starting Solid Edge, the default toolbars should reappear.

And beware the usual warning about editing the registry.

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP6 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Well just closing solid edge alone actually makes it so it returns, no regedit necessary. But i do have to close all the way out of edge.

ST9
Windows 7 Professional
"You're doing it wrong"

So this is how I lost pathfinder a while back. I had never turned it off so it took me a long time to find where it gets turned on. And of course at the worst time possible.

12GAGE wrote:

So this is how I lost pathfinder a while back. I had never turned it off so it took me a long time to find where it gets turned on. And of course at the worst time possible.

It's always at the worst possible time. Always. Every time something bad happens, and I post a question here, I usually don't actually have time to come back and check if there are any answers. One day I hope to have deadlines that  don't result in anuerisms. I can dream.

ST9
Windows 7 Professional
"You're doing it wrong"