******PLEASE HELP SOS*******

Experimenter
Experimenter

ST9 has suddenly stopped working correctly since the last windows update. Ever since the update, solid edge runs EXTREMELY slow. Making a single adjustment takes 5-10 minutes, the whole program has become completely unusable. Every other program on my computer works perfectly except solid edge. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling to no avail. The program seems to be using no portion of my CPU. Has anyone else had this issue? What was you fix?

10 REPLIES

Re: ******PLEASE HELP SOS*******

Genius
Genius

Is it possitble to uninstall the Windows update?  It might be an idea to delete the Solid Edge hive from the registry to reset it.  That's all I can think of at the current moment to help your situation.

Dale Smith
Mitsubishi Electric Power Products, Inc.
ST10 MP2 - Insight

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello Dale,

I would not touch Solid Edge installation yet.

1. Go to Control Panel, Programs and Features:

2. Sort it by date and take a snap shot of what programs were installed lately.

3. Click there to View Installed updates.

4. Sort it by date and  take a snap shot of what updates were installed lately.

Only than one should start to think.

- Is Solid Edge slow starting to open itself without any CAD file opening?

- Is Solid Edge operating slow working with open 3D CAD file and separately in draft?

- Is your memory cash setup same and OK?

- See running software what is taking CPU time in the Task Manager.

- Still in Task Manager check there memory use.

- Any change in display driver?

- Any change in anti virus and its file exclusions?

Reboot, clean temp directories.

Are data on network? Network drivers , hardware and your network server, its software setup and its hard drives could influence this too.

It could be many other things but in my above list is the first before changing Solid Edge installation.

I would Google some latest install stuff, and read even other CAD problems related to updates. SolidWorks and others had a lots of trouble in the last 6 months with the latest NVidia Quadro updates JUNK - me too.

Milan Wendl, MEngSc, P. Eng.

ST9, SolidWoks Premium 2017

www.aaaengineering.com

Milan Wendl, MEngSc, P.Eng.
AAA Engineering, Canada
ST10, SolidWorks Premium 2017

Genius
Genius

Hey,

Last time i had the same problem with my home licensed client. It helped to change the video card drivers.

SE ST9 + TC 10.1.7

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

I had problems after a windows update a while back. The thing I could not get fixed was the "where used" functionality of revision manager. After a few complex procedures to try and recover, the path of least resistance was to reinstall.

I faced same problem before. After updating the window, the movement of 3D model not smooth. 

I try to roll back Intel HD Graphics in Device Manager (Control Manager). So the Solid Edge can work normally as usual.

But right now a few days ago, I face new problem. Whenever I click new part/assembly or open existing file, the Solid Edge become not responding. (Corructed)

Still try to find the solution.

ST9 Users Window 10

HP Pavilion

Intel i7 Nvidia Geforce GTX

Siemens Genius Siemens Genius
Siemens Genius

Nvidia Gefore GTX is not certified GPU.

Please find more information on GTAC page:

https://www.plm.automation.siemens.com/de_at/support/gtac/#lightview%26url=/de_at/Images/Graphics_Ce... (Graphics Card) Certifications%26description=%26docType=xls

Solution Partner Valued Contributor Solution Partner Valued Contributor
Solution Partner Valued Contributor

We had 3 customers complaining today about this. When switching the view options to "Software Driven" it is ok. When using the "Graphics Card driven" (advanced or not), it will be completely unusable.

So this may be a driver related problem, or some windows update that changed something on the graphic card settings or driver.

Can anyone post a solution for this?

We will try to rollback the graphic driver to a previous version to see if it helps.

Regards

Phenom
Phenom

Cadflow wrote:

We had 3 customers complaining today about this. When switching the view options to "Software Driven" it is ok. When using the "Graphics Card driven" (advanced or not), it will be completely unusable.

So this may be a driver related problem, or some windows update that changed something on the graphic card settings or driver.

Can anyone post a solution for this?

We will try to rollback the graphic driver to a previous version to see if it helps.

Regards

Good luck trying to keep an old graphics driver on a W10 machine.

My home machine gets broken regularly by W10 trying to update the on-board graphics driver to a new version that doesn't work, even though its disabled.

HP Z420 16GB RAM
Quadro K4000
ST7 MP10 on Windows 7 Pro 64.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Same here :-(