Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLM World changing to Digital Enterprise - are fee based subscriptions coming?

PLM World Member Phenom PLM World Member Phenom
PLM World Member Phenom

Hello,

I just received an email from PLM World stating they were changing to Digital Enterprise on May 1st.  Also, there is a statement that current members will receive free membership through Dec 31st, 2019 which implies fees after that.  See below:

https://www.plmworld.org/p/bl/ar/blogaid=411

Digital Enterprise.JPG

If they are going to start charging for for this, I wonder how many existing members will continue.  I doubt I will.

And one other thing - they should run spell/grammar check - see "If you reading this post".

Kyle

Kyle Joiner
IPA LLC
ST10 MP1
3 REPLIES 3

Re: PLM World changing to Digital Enterprise - are fee based subscriptions coming?

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

@kjoiner - I don't want to be be negative, but I was wondering what was going to change when Siemens took it over.... I thought the entry fee into PLM World was your yearly payment for this access?

Jamie Griffis | PLM Solution Architect | Engineering USA

Re: PLM World changing to Digital Enterprise - are fee based subscriptions coming?

PLM World Member Phenom PLM World Member Phenom
PLM World Member Phenom

@Jamie_Griffis .  I currently don't pay any fee for PLM World.  Somehow my name is listed as a PLM World Phenom even though I don't follow PLM World much.  This occurred a while ago during one of the transition periods. 

Kyle 

Kyle Joiner
IPA LLC
ST10 MP1

PLM World Member Valued Contributor PLM World Member Valued Contributor
PLM World Member Valued Contributor

Hello Kyle,

I didn't get an email from PLM World but I logged on and read about the change.  Not sure what to expect.

I've never been to PLM World, just too expensive for me - SEU was always a much better value (when it was a several day event).  So per Jamie's post, I don't think the entry fee is access to the PLM World site.

I do think or thought that in order to attend a PLM World RUG (regional user's group) that you or your company had to be current on maintenance. 

This site (Solid Edge Community) is where I go to keep up on what's going on, to learn or post.  Unless I'm missing something there's really not much news at the PLM World site.  The only time I go there is to see when my local RUG is going to have it's meeting.

So if they start charging and the amount is more than I want so spend, then I'm out.

I guess we'll wait and see.

Franz