Solved! Go to solution

PMI tab and sections locked up

I'm trying to help a coworker with a SE problem.  He has an an assembly file with 15 PMI sections.  He went to go make another one and most of the PMI tab has been "locked up"

Capture1.PNG

The assembly is very large so I thought maybe we had hit some limit in Solid Edge for section views so I suggested he delete some he wasn't actually using.  When he tried to do that, SE let's him right click on the view and choose delete.  It even asks him if he really wants to delete it.  Then when he clicks delete, the section view is still there.

Additionally, plane creation, sketch, 3d sketch are also locked up in the features tab.

I opened the file on my own workstation to see if it was a problem specific to his hardware limitations, but I get the same behavior.

Has anyone seen this happen before?  Could it be tied to the fact that the assembly is an alternate assembly (two different positional representations, in Inventor-speak, or configurations, in SolidWorks speak)?

We're running ST7 by the way (Version 107.00.10.02 x64 in the about window).

McEngineer
ST7

Trained extensively in SW and Inventor since 2003. Dropped into the deep end with Edge...please help.

Version 107.0011.04 x64
HPZ420
nVIDIA K4000
16GB RAM
Intel Xeon E5-1620 v2 (3.70 GHz)
2 REPLIES
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author McEngineer
‎08-01-2016 08:55 AM

Re: PMI tab and sections locked up

Hi,

Did you toggle on "Apply Edits to all members" on Alternate assembly tab? It should be working!😉

BR,
Imics
http://solidedgest.wordpress.com/

Re: PMI tab and sections locked up

That did it. Thanks, Imics.

McEngineer
ST7

Trained extensively in SW and Inventor since 2003. Dropped into the deep end with Edge...please help.

Version 107.0011.04 x64
HPZ420
nVIDIA K4000
16GB RAM
Intel Xeon E5-1620 v2 (3.70 GHz)