Solved! Go to solution

PR Status VO - Vendor Open

I have a PR (735735) that is in status VO (Vendor Open) since june.

What does mean Vendor Open ?

I haven't got any further request or explanation about it.

Thanks

Francesco

6 REPLIES

Re: PR Status VO - Vendor Open

"Vendor Open" means that we depend on one of our suppliers (Standard Parts for example) to fix it. I didn't actually know you could even see that status. 

PS> That PR number is missing a digit.

Dan Staples
Director, Solid Edge Product Development

Thanks Dan, the complete PR number is 7357351.

Francesco

Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author Fiorini
‎09-08-2015 02:44 AM

So in this case VO means another programming group in Siemens, not an outside vendor. I forgot we use the status that way. Again, I didn't even know customers could see that status -- and it shouldn't really matter to you -- its our responsibility to fix things, not matter who is at the keyboard. :-) 

In this case, there are multiple valid patterns to be found and it finds one. It happens to be the one that is less intuitive to you (and arguably to most people). Looking at the status, they are working on enhancing the algorithm to give the result you expect. I would expect to see this improvement (and many others) in ST9.

Dan Staples

In the actual work flow you have to select the geometry that you want to discover in patterns and if multiple solutions exist only one is shown.

A solution to recognize the desired pattern could be to select all the geometry and let the software find the pattern within the select geometry only.

Or maybe a 2 step command: 1.select the geometry to recognize and 2.select the target geometry where to look for a pattern.

Just my 2 cent.

Thanks for the explanation about the VO meanings.

Francesco

Anyway, the not desired result is only a part of that PR, the most important is that some patterns are not recognized at all.

Francesco

I don't think you can expect a "fix" for the "not recognized" patterns. Those are 2X1 patterns and by design those are ignored. I suppose its possible to think about an ER for recognizing 2X1, but at the moment they are ignored on purpose, as finding them tends to result in not finding other better patterns they might participate in. 

Dan Staples