Solved! Go to solution

PROBLEM DURING CONVERTING TO DWG

when i made any drawing in solid edge draft in colored lines, and converting it into DWG file then the colors of all lines became white, instead of keep in colored. what should i do to convert the lines in same colors as it is in solid edge

5 REPLIES

Re: PROBLEM DURING CONVERTING TO DWG

Hi Rahul,

during opening a DWG file you have to clock on OPTIONS and make some changes to get the desired result concerning the colors of your lines.

Yasser

[ Edited ]

My understanding of the question is Rahul wants to save the Solid Edge drawing to .DWG and wants to see the colors used from SE in the DWG. If yes, I am able to verify this.

My best guess and workaround is if the drawing elements are organised on layers in Solid Edge, then the Options wizard in DWG SaveAs dialog has a facility to map color based on layers.

This worked for me and that's the closest I am able to get based on my limited knowledge in this area.

~Tushar Suradkar

P.S.

1. This might involve some-rework and re-organization but CAD standards are always useful.

2. Nice to see someone doing some serious AEC stuff in SE Drafting Smiley Happy

Thank u so much sir. I'll try it
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author RAHUL_SHAKYA
‎11-23-2015 06:09 AM

Hi there,

As @Tushar says...in the DWG save "Options" area, there is a check box that makes this all work like you need it to.....uncheck the "Do Width to Color Mapping" box, and click finish.

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST9 [MP8] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

You will want to be looking at you SEACAD file. The wizard can be accessed by selecting save as DWG, then click options. Depending on how the colours were generated, and how you would like to present your drawing, you can either assign colours and linetypes to layers, or colour width mapping.

Shane Murray
ST8 MP6