Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PROBLEM! Face - Face clash detected in pattern occurrence.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello to the community of great minds!

I am facing a problem while creating a pattern. I want to make a circular equal pattern of the cutout 1 and its mirror. But I am running into an error. I don't get what is the error trying to say. Does it mean, the cutouts cnannot intersect eah other? And how can I resolve it. Please it will be really helpful.

Thanks in advance!

Screenshot (11).png

UPDATE!!!!

I have tried to do the circular pattern separately, first the Cutout 1 and then the mirror. And it WORKED! But still, I don't know why cant i do them both todether?

4 REPLIES

Re: PROBLEM! Face - Face clash detected in pattern occurrence.

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Not sure.  Your file is an Academic version and cannot be opened in the commercial version.

Ken

Production: ST10 MP7
Testing: SE 2019
http://Grundey.blogspot.com

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Thanks for your reply.
Mmmm. But can't you deduce anything from the photo. I mean, when I put 44 number of pattern, it ends up giving me a result which just has 5 of those. I think it's trying to say that the patterns cannot interfere within themselves. I don't know how to reolve this. Plz SE community. Help!!

Screenshot (12).png

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Hi,

give it a test to do it in ordered mode.

As I see it, sync patterns are (IMHO) fast pattern while this seems to be the situation for a smart pattern, since every occurency need to be modified by the next copy.

Maybe this might help.

regards
Wolfgang

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Hello WolfGang!

UPDATE!!!!

I have tried to do the circular pattern separately, first the Cutout 1 and then the mirror. And it WORKED! But still, I don't know why cant i do them both together?

Unfortunately it's not letting me delete those patterns now. I don't know why. Sometimes the ST put limits. I have to be more careful between switching ST and ordered.