PROBLEM! Face - Face clash detected in pattern occurrence.

[ Edited ]

Hello to the community of great minds!

I am facing a problem while creating a pattern. I want to make a circular equal pattern of the cutout 1 and its mirror. But I am running into an error. I don't get what is the error trying to say. Does it mean, the cutouts cnannot intersect eah other? And how can I resolve it. Please it will be really helpful.

Thanks in advance!

Screenshot (11).png

UPDATE!!!!

I have tried to do the circular pattern separately, first the Cutout 1 and then the mirror. And it WORKED! But still, I don't know why cant i do them both todether?

4 REPLIES

Re: PROBLEM! Face - Face clash detected in pattern occurrence.

Not sure.  Your file is an Academic version and cannot be opened in the commercial version.

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP7
Testing: ST10

Thanks for your reply.
Mmmm. But can't you deduce anything from the photo. I mean, when I put 44 number of pattern, it ends up giving me a result which just has 5 of those. I think it's trying to say that the patterns cannot interfere within themselves. I don't know how to reolve this. Plz SE community. Help!!

Screenshot (12).png

Hi,

give it a test to do it in ordered mode.

As I see it, sync patterns are (IMHO) fast pattern while this seems to be the situation for a smart pattern, since every occurency need to be modified by the next copy.

Maybe this might help.

regards
Wolfgang

Hello WolfGang!

UPDATE!!!!

I have tried to do the circular pattern separately, first the Cutout 1 and then the mirror. And it WORKED! But still, I don't know why cant i do them both together?

Unfortunately it's not letting me delete those patterns now. I don't know why. Sometimes the ST put limits. I have to be more careful between switching ST and ordered.