Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PROBLEMS WITH ASSEMBLY OF ASSEMBLY ANIMATION

Experimenter
Experimenter

ENGLISH

I have a problem with my animation assembly.

I have the motors, speed and the secuence created in the 4 individual assembly and when i make a unic assembly with those 4 assembly i can't export the motors in a the unic animation.

i can't activate the tool "simulate a motor", it's in grey. I don't know with comand or seting i have to activate.

SPANISH

Tengo un problema con mi montaje de animación.

Tengo los motores, la velocidad y la secuencia creados en el 4 ensamblaje individual y cuando hago un ensamblaje único con esos 4 ensamblajes no puedo exportar los motores en una animación unic. No puedo activar la herramienta "simular un motor", está en gris. No sé con comando o configuración tengo que activar

6 REPLIES 6

Re: PROBLEMS WITH ASSEMBLY OF ASSEMBLY ANIMATION

Legend
Legend

I've had issues with animating subassemblies in the past.

You could try defining your subassemblies as flexible assemblies.

If you want to animate subassemblies within subassemblies, I found the easiest method was to make an assembly specifically for the animation to keep the assembly structure so that you only go one subassembly deep after this.

Like this:

Main Assembly	> Subassembly 1
		> Subassembly 2
		> Subassembly 3
> Subassembly 4

Not like this:

Main Assembly	> Subassembly 1		> Subassembly 2
		> Subassembly 3		> Subassembly 4

In the case of the second example, I found it very difficult to animate Subassembly 2 & Subassembly 4, even if they were set as flexible assemblies.

https://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/Solid-Edge-Blog/Solid-Edge-Adjustable-Assemblies/ba-...

Solid Edge 2019 MP4 - Windows 10 - K2000

Experimenter
Experimenter

thanks for your answer and your time, but it's no enought ...

i'm doing that in my assembly, but the motors from the subassembly can't be activate from the main assembly ERA ... but those exist in the subassembly. Please can you solf that?

Legend
Legend

It's a while since I've done this, but I think you need to create new motors in the main assembly to control your flexible subassemblies.

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi David

thanks a lot for your answer.

but the question is, there's no possibility to use the motors made in the subassemblys and import it to the main assembly? and make a full animation in one assembly

Legend
Legend
You can make a full animation in one assembly. My understanding is that you won't be able to import the motors from the subassembly into the main assembly, you will need to define them in the main assembly instead.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

@DaveG wrote:
You can make a full animation in one assembly. My understanding is that you won't be able to import the motors from the subassembly into the main assembly, you will need to define them in the main assembly instead.

This is correct. You cannot import motors from a subassembly into higher level assemblies. Motors are no different than other objects that reside in subassemblies.

Greg