PSM to DXF tool

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello experts,

All the time I have to convert psm files to dxf manually. Its time consuming...its ST7

Do you have some customization and able to share some macro to do this automatically?

I would be highly greatfull for your support!!

Thank you very much.

Kind regards,

CB

20 REPLIES

Re: PSM to DXF tool

Phenom
Phenom

Hi,

Do you need for flat pattern as dxf file? If yes then here is "the solution" from @hawcad:

link

BR,

Imics
http://solidedgest.wordpress.com/

Phenom
Phenom

Hallo,

as Imre mentioned, You can use my SheetLaser macro, which will do this for You and even a little bit more.

There are options within the INI file, to automatically save the flat and the file after running the macro.

Also a couple of properties are generated like cutting length, number of bends etc.

regards

Wolfgang

regards
Wolfgang

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Thanks anyhow this macro is in german which I dont understand. Can you translate ini file?
Second, it is working like creating dxf from fllateren psm (one file-one click) but I dont save any time in this case...
Im looking for tool like, first select (or open) all considered files and click macro. All selected psms should be translated to dxfs at any path.
It would be really great guys!!

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Somthing like SE batch but macro should creates dxf from psm not from dft. Would be perfect..

Phenom
Phenom

Attached is a macro for batch .PSM to .DXF export in a folder.

Instructions:

-Start Solid Edge and open any .PSM file in a project folder. 

-Run the macro

-The macro will look in the folder for all .PSM files and export them to .DXF if a flat pattern exists. If a flat pattern does not exist, it will list the filename and exit. It will NOT look in subfolders. It gives a status in a console window.

-Exported DXF's will be located in a created subfolder called DXF.

Occasionally it will crash and not notify the user when it comes across a .psm without a flat pattern. Just kill Edge.exe, (as the macro hides the SE window when started,) look through the files and add in the missing flat pattern, and try again.

NOTE: The forum doesn't let you post .exe files, so I had to change the extension to .txt. Change it back to use it.

-Dylan Gondyke

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

That is my solution. It is almost perfect. Should creates flat pattern also Smiley Happy Possible?

You are DA MAN Mr Dylan! Smiley Happy Thank you very much Sir.

Phenom
Phenom

Glad to hear it helped Smiley Very Happy

I used to have it automatically pick a face and axis for flatten, but there were too many bad scenarios that could result. This is a trimmed down version of the code that I use for my own company. It would REALLY help if sometime soon, the developers allowed a coordinate axis to be chosen for the flat pattern X axis.........

-Dylan Gondyke

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Chally72 wrote:

It would REALLY help if sometime soon, the developers allowed a coordinate axis to be chosen for the flat pattern X axis.........

AMEN to that!

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP1] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi guys

By the method...

" -The macro will look in the folder for all .PSM files "

There's a way to make the macro search for the psm files inside a cfg or asm file , instead of whole system folder ?

Or, after opening multiple psm files manually, the macro only exports the flat of these opened ones (considering all opened windows, not only the active one)?

BR

---------------------------------
Hilario, Flavio
Industrial Designer
ST8 / Win7 / Win8