Part List Balloons Default

How do I change the standard balloon setting from:

circle,leader,item count

to

oblong,break line, no item count

as the default?Balloon.PNG

9 REPLIES

Re: Part List Balloons Default

Whatever type you last use on an insertion will be remembered for next time.

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP7 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Whenever I open a new drawing and insert a new assembly, the parts list defaults to the circle,leader,item count.  I have to change all balloons...this takes time. I thought maybe there was a way to save this as a start up?

[ Edited ]

Use Saved Settings on the General tab on the Parts List Properties dialog.

2016_July_27_01.png

Save this setting in the Template and use the template for new assembly drawings.

When placing the Parts list, you will get an opportunity to select the saved setting when it becomes enabled:

2016_July_27_02.png

Perhaps there is a shorter way than this, but I am not aware.

~Tushar

I have saved the parts list under the General tab as unique name, but when I insert a new assembly it only changes my custom parts list...does not update my balloons?

I assume you are obviously picking the Saved Setting as well while placing the Parts List - you typically do this after picking the view - there is no other way I am able to fail it.

I just realised the template step could be avoided altogether.

Balloon type is not controlled by parts list settings. Open your template, insert a balloon of the type you want, delete it, save your template. Then new drawings should have that balloon type set.

There is no saveable style for balloons. I wish there was. Maybe in ST9?

Bruce Shand

Hi,

Yes, there now are settings for ballons, prefix, etc. all saved in reports directory witihn differnet text files now.

Great enhancement!

regards
Wolfgang

That's good. I was researching a little just now and what I said seems to be mixed and balloons automatically placed are confusing as to what controls them. My last inserted balloon type doesn't determine what type of balloon is automatically placed and when I insert a parts list it always reverts to a type. Although I can't change it from what seems to be default. Weird.

Bruce Shand