Part file with over 1,000 color definitions

I attached a part file that contains about 1,100 color definitions. ST9 version for Pantone Color Shere.par,

The other part attached, Pantone color Sphere ST7.par, might work in ST8, ST7 and maybe ST6. Attached this one as an afterthought.

I did this in my spare time a couple of years ago.

I named color definitions per a Pantone file numbering system. They are close, but may not be a perfect match. Intent was to get a wider variety of colors avaliable. To use part, open Pantone Color Shere.par, In View, Part Painter select color desired and apply to the Shere. Then open part that you want to  add color to. Home Tab, Clipboard, Part copy and select the Pantone Color Shere.par and select OK. Then the sphere can be immediately deleted from the part file and the color definition will remain in the file.

I didn't try it in Syncronous as it is not my prefered enviroment.

Might be handy to some for added color choices.

Gary Dinges | Mechanical Design Engineer II | Probes & New Product Development Emerson Climate Technologies | Therm-O-Disc, Inc.| 1320 South Main Street | Mansfield | OH | 44907 | USA T +1 419 525 8554 gary.dinges@emerson.com 

2 REPLIES

Re: Part file with over 1,000 color definitions

Very nice. Another, I think simpler, method to get selected colors into a new part is to use the style organizer in the face styles category in the styles dialog. You could also save out templates with these colors predefined.

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP8 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Re: Part file with over 1,000 color definitions

I've been starting to put together the same type of thing, but for FED-STD-595 colors.  It's not an easy task, and is very time consuming.  Great job on diligently putting this together!