Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Part or assembly main charateristics' value in variables table?

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello all!

I'd like to ask for some help in the following matter. (Excuse my use of words if the comands are not well translated, I'm using Solid Edge in my native Hungarian, not in English.)

* I am designing a vessel/tank with fixing points/legs around its outer layer of the shell.

* I'd like to indicate the proper ratio of the vessel's weight on each leg. (E.g.: If there are 4 legs, the 1/4th of the weight, if 8 the 1/8th of it.)

What's is the proper way to "extract" manually edited charateristics, such as 'weight' into the variables table? If I can get the value "imported" to a custom variable, I can simply divide it with the number of legs and store it in another variable. Which then could be "printed" or indicated on a "text-and-arrow" thing on the legs...

All help is appreciated.

Have a nice day,

Ghost

3 REPLIES 3

Betreff: Part or assembly main charateristics' value in variables table?

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor
Hi @GhostLight

if You do this from within that part You can change the call out to Variables from the Current document.

Or what I would suggest is to expose this variable incthe variable table an use that exposed property now.

Both methods will work for You.

BTW You also can/should change the filter setting in the var table to show physical property variables too.

regards
Wolfgang

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi @hawcad

Many thanks for the quick help!

Changing filter settings managed to do the trick: Now I can indicate the leg-specific weight via PMI signs.
Now I only have to figure out how to reference that calculated variable from the part on a draft...

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Hi @GhostLight

as already mentioned, easist will be to expose that variable, what means it becomes a property too.

And as any property You can call that one from draft/bom etc. too.

regards
Wolfgang