Solved! Go to solution

Partlist en display configutations

[ Edited ]

Hello,

I want a draftfile with 2 sheets. On each sheet there is the same view of the same assembly. The only difference between the 2 sheets should be the partlists. The partlists are based on 2 Configuration Displays defined in the assembly.

Problem is when i change the "List control - configuration" in 1 sheet, the partlist on the other sheet also changes. How can this be done?

thx, Johan

3 REPLIES
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author Johan
‎08-26-2015 04:32 AM

Re: Partlist en display configutations

There is an icon on the ribbon bar just to the right of the pulldown for table style selection. It is for "Parts List - Link To Active. Create your first sheet parts list as normal with this icon selected. When you are ready to place your second parts list on sheet 2, deactivate this icon. That will allow the two lists to be independent and should allow you to do what you want.

HTH,

Bob Henry

Bob Henry
Manager of Engineering
Caterpillar Global Mining America LLC

[ Edited ]

ok thanks, found it. Will an "inactive" partlist also be updated when changes are made to the assembly? Will it also work with 3 or 4 sheets, and what is an "active partlist" vs an "inactive" partlist?

Disconnecting it from the active parts list just allows it to be independent of the other parts list so it does not behave like you have already seen. It is not inactive, just not linked to the active parts list. It will update and should work fine.

You can do this on multiple sheets as required. Just make sure to click the icon before placing the next BOM. I have some drawings showing the stages of a manufacturing process where I have five or six different parts lists.

Bob

Bob Henry
Manager of Engineering
Caterpillar Global Mining America LLC