Parts List, Groups.

Creator
Creator

I want my Sub Assembly as the title and show its parts listed underneath.

Is this possible in Groups?

If so is there a tutorial showing how to use groups please?

7 REPLIES

Betreff: Parts List, Groups.

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Hi,

maybe a fully strucuerde BOM with level baes pos numbers 20161102_1051.PNGdoes exactly what You are looking for?

regards
Wolfgang

Re: Parts List, Groups.

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

If you insert a sub assembly into a draft view, then create a parts list for that sub assembly, Then just label that sub assembly as a single line item in the main parts lists. I would try working that way if you don't want seporate drawings for the sub assembly.

One approach I have constered a few times.

Phenom
Phenom

I think the problem here is that the option 'Show Top level Assembly in Parts List' only applies to the very top level - it doesn't apply to sub-assemblies.

So you can't show a sub-assembly as a line in the parts list with it's components also listed - one or the other, not both.

Maybe a good enhancement request.

HP Z420 16GB RAM
Quadro K4000
ST7 MP10 on Windows 7 Pro 64.

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Are you asking if groups can behave similarly to assemblies in BOMs?

If so, no.

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP10 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

beachcomber wrote:

I think the problem here is that the option 'Show Top level Assembly in Parts List' only applies to the very top level - it doesn't apply to sub-assemblies.

So you can't show a sub-assembly as a line in the parts list with it's components also listed - one or the other, not both.

Maybe a good enhancement request.

You can if you use "exploded list". Then possibly add "use level based item numbers" to help differentiate.

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP10 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Creator
Creator
Thanks for your reply Beachcomber.

It would be very helpful for 3rd party checking of GA Assy's. When adding or removing assembled components (sub-assy's) to your generic Assy, which can end up very confusing.

Creator
Creator
Thanks to all who replied!!!