Parts List from Family of Parts

Phenom
Phenom

I have created the FOP master file and generated 8 members from it.

I have then created a detail drawing that has 1 view of the master model and a table of the variable dimensions.

The drawing must also have a parts list Parts List containing all the members (with Part No., material etc)

Is there a way to do it, other than placing a view of each member and adding a parts list for each member.

Running Property Manager on the master part enables me to edit the properties of each member, so why can't I get a parts list containing each member.

HP Z420 16GB RAM
Quadro K4000
ST7 MP10 on Windows 7 Pro 64.
4 REPLIES

Hi,   Yes, you can do this. There is a command in draft e...

Phenom
Phenom

Hi,

Yes, you can do this. There is a command in draft environment its name is FOP Table...

Here is a video from my "videostore":

It is beginning from ~ 8:40 what you need for. Smiley Wink

BR,

Imi

Imics
http://solidedgest.wordpress.com/

Re: Hi,   Yes, you can do this. There is a command in draft e...

Phenom
Phenom

Thanks for the reply, but this is not the solution.
I know how to place the variable dimension table, but I need a Parts List on the drawing that lists all the members, their part numbers etc.as you would with an assembly.

We extract parts lists information off drawings using a VB macro, so a modified FOP table would not be of any use.

HP Z420 16GB RAM
Quadro K4000
ST7 MP10 on Windows 7 Pro 64.

Re: Hi,   Yes, you can do this. There is a command in draft e...

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor
I would imagine the only way to do this would be to create an assembly with all the FOP members in it, and then place that assembly on your draft.

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP7
Testing: ST10

Hi beachcomber,   Sorry I misunderstood this. I'm afraid...

Phenom
Phenom

Hi beachcomber,

Sorry I misunderstood this. I'm afraid of there is no direct solution...

I've made a video about my "manually" solution:

Yes, I know: Never use FOP's master part in assembly!!! But this is useful to copy required data now...

BR,

Imi

Imics
http://solidedgest.wordpress.com/