Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parts auto unhide in drawing

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

part hidden.jpg

Hello All,

Sometimes when a drawing is produced, the .cfg  is in 'default, Solid Edge' mode and it hides some parts as shown in the attached image. And It prevents to unhide the parts. Then I have to select 'No selection' in .cfg cell, then it gives the chance to unhide thos parts. 

Is there anyway that this issue can be avoided? Means the default view will always show all parts, don't hide any parts unless hidden in occurence property? Or is there any way that drawings will be created automatically 'No selection' in .cfg mode which will show all parts alwyas?

I want to be honored again to call @Tushar and @hawcad for suggesting me about the issue. 

Regards,

Aslam

7 REPLIES

Betreff: Parts auto unhide in drawing

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Hi @aslam 

I never recognized such a behaviour and will take a look onto later in the office 

regards
Wolfgang

Re: Parts auto unhide in drawing

Gears Honored Contributor Gears Honored Contributor
Gears Honored Contributor

Hi @aslam

I think the default configuration displayed in a view's properties is the same which was specified when creating it.

This option is available in the drawing view wizard and also in the File Open dialog when picking the assembly for creating the view.

ConfigSelect.png

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Thank you very much @Tushar, it will do the trick.

I am still curious, is there any way that default view will never hide anything unless it is mentioned in occurrence properties? Because I am facing the issue with some old drawings also. So if I have to change default to No selection and then unhide parts, it will take time. And also for new drawings, I have to change the configuration always when placing parts or assemblies in drawing with this process.

Regards,
Aslam

Gears Honored Contributor Gears Honored Contributor
Gears Honored Contributor

Hi @aslam I will check the possibility to write a quick macro that will change the configuration of a drawing view.

Will that be useful in your case ?

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Hello @Tushar, thank you very much for your kind proposal about the macro. It will definitely work.
But if there is a way to avoid it, that will be great. I was looking for a simple solution for default configuration to avoid hiding parts. Thank you again. Why the default is hiding some parts by itself, still unknown.

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

When I define a new assembly view it always comes in with the configuration set as "no selection". I spent a little time trying to make it default to something else but without success. When you define a view using the "Principal" button it takes on the config of the parent view.

Bruce Shand
ST10 MP10 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Hello @bshand,

Thank you for your experiment. This is quite interesting. I have many old draft files where the configuration is default. How it was happened is yet a mystery.

Regards,
Aslam