Parts disappearing when rotated?

Quick question for all of the SE vets. Today when I opened up a sub-assembly I noticed as it's rotated or if I zoom in and out the parts start to disappear into thin air. See the video below for the behavior. In the past I've seen this as a memory/graphics issue and a simple reboot mitigates this problem (typically after a day's worth of hard graphics work). When rotating this sub-assembly in the context of the master assembly however, this does not happen. Any ideas?

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5xx8CbjJsQoN0ZRWUJTZV9VZVE

Thank you.

3 REPLIES

Re: Parts disappearing when rotated?

Any chance you have a Clipping Plane turned on?

Kevin Grayson
Solid Edge Technical Consultant
kevin.grayson@siemens.com

Nvidia has bad memory looks with Windows 10 and SE. I have to reboot about every two hours. Once the Vid ram is no longer clean, SE stops showing things or prevents you for selecting things.

12Gage, That stinks that you have to reboot every 2 hours. I would pull the remaining hair I have out if I had to do that. I am not experiencing that problem with Win 10/ST9 setup. I have been on the Win10 PC for about a month since it was rebuilt from Windows7. Card is a Quadro K4000 and my driver version is 362.56 and it runs like a champ.
Dale Smith
Mitsubishi Electric Power Products, Inc.
ST9 MP5 - Insight