Parts library

Pioneer
Pioneer

hi,

i am currently trying to insert some bolts from the standard parts library, but when i click on the standard parts toolbar icon, a error message comes up to say standard parts is not configured correctly

check the application menu Isolid edge options Ifile locations to ensure the path for the standard

parts SAC file is correctly set. [failed].

i have installed the standards parts librarys dvd

i then do as this says,  then what do i do.

Regards Paul,

5 REPLIES

Re: Parts library

Phenom
Phenom

Hi Paul,

the Standard Parts DVD, ok.

But have You first installed the Standard Parts Admin too?

regards

Wolfgang

regards
Wolfgang

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Did you go to the Solid Edge options, and set the path to the SAC file?  If it is located on the server, you have to specify it on the remote location.  If it is local, you have to find the location.  Just go into the file locations tab in the Solid Edge Options, and specify the exact path to the SAC file that you installed.

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi Gents,

i have not done the admin, also i cant work out how to set the sac file path as when i go into options file location, i click on this and then it asks me to browse to location but that is when i get lost.

Regards Paul,

Phenom
Phenom

Hi,

First of all I suggest reading STP installation guide what is on your computer:

xxx:\Program Files\Solid Edge ST7\Program\ResDLLs\0009\StandardPartsInstallationGuide.pdf

This can be useful for you! Setting STP up is depend on installed environment (file system, PDM system...)

BR,

Imics
http://solidedgest.wordpress.com/

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi

Can i do the same with ST6,

Paul