Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parts list : Parts still showing even though "Reports/Parts List" Occurrence Property is turned off.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

(Solid Edge ST9)

I have a 4 level assembly, with a part called "Wire" as a part of various sub-assemblies.

When I select the part, click "select all identical parts" and go to Occurrence properties, I see the part is placed 36 times amongst the assemblies. I go to every row, un-checking "Reports/Part List". Some of the rows automatically change to NO as I go because they are part of identical subassemblies. Every row is a "NO" and I Save All, go back to my draft, hit update and....

Now there is a quantity of 26. No matter what I do I can't get this to be correct.

Other option is to find every sub-assembly that has this: go to List Control in parts list properties. The list is a mile long, full of collapsible nodes, and no way to search for this part to get all of the instances.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Parts list : Parts still showing even though "Reports/Parts List" Occurrence Property

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Aha. I had to close the assembly, leaving only the draft open.

When I update, the rows disappear (which had been containing the parts which should not appear, and wrong QTY).

Re: Parts list : Parts still showing even though "Reports/Parts List" Occurrence Property

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Just a comment since you fixed your problem. Often I find that instead of routing through list control, which has no sort capability, I use the data tab after sorting by file name or some such field, select all the items of interest and "hide rows". Then reset your sort back to what it was.

Bruce Shand
SE2019 MP5 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

LOL I have to keep the assembly closed, too. If I open it again, item reappears and quantity is wrong.

Edit: And it won't be fixed until I close the draft, reopen and then hit Update, even though it is not shown as out-of-date when I open it.