Parts not showing with in Assembly

Experimenter
Experimenter

I dragged an assembly into another assembly I am working on and it doesn't show all the parts in the assembly. If I edit one of the parts not shown I can see it, but when I close the part it disappears. Anyone know how to fix this?

12 REPLIES

Re: Parts not showing with in Assembly

PLM World Member Phenom PLM World Member Phenom
PLM World Member Phenom

So many possibilities on this one, it may be too hard to explain via forum without seeing your model.

1) Is the model hidden?

2) Do you have Occurence Properties set to not show in higher level assemblies?

3) Is it a valid solid (water tight) and not construction geometry?

4) Are you using Display Configurations?

Those are 4 areas just off the time of my head that you need to check.

Experimenter
Experimenter
None of the options above appear to be the issue. Example below.

I am working on Asm A. I drag Asm B into Asm A. I can RMB and choose show all and only some of the parts in Asm B will become visible even thou all parts are checked . If I edit a part that is not visible in Asm B, it becomes visible. Once I close the part it is not longer visible. If I just open Asm B by itself it shows all of the parts without issues.
It seems that parts that have a partcopy in them are the ones with the issue. If it has a BodyFeature then it is fine.

Is there a way to fix this in ST9?

PLM World Member Phenom PLM World Member Phenom
PLM World Member Phenom

It's the part copies that are the issue.  They are most likely NOT water tight solids.  They have some bad geometry or are only surface bodies that look water tight.

Two ways to check:

1) Open up each of the troublesome part files and make sure you assign a material (density) and update the physical properties.

2) Do you have the option to run the OPTIMIZE command on the part files?

Siemens Genius Siemens Genius
Siemens Genius

Appears your parts are made of construction surfaces as Scott surmises. RMB on AmsB and run "Show/Hide Component..." which lets you control display of elements within components. On the dialog, check "Surfaces" ON and Ok. This should turn on all construction geometry in the parts.

If this shows the geometry as you expect, you will need to turn these constructions into solid design models. If it does not, you might want to post your test data here or call in an IR.

Best,

Aditya

---
Aditya Gurushankar
Manager, Solid Edge Planning

Experimenter
Experimenter
I have assigned a material to them and they are still not visible once I return to the assembly level.

I'm not sure what you mean by Optimize.

Experimenter
Experimenter
When I RMB on the ASM I do not get the option of "Surfaces". All I get is All Types, Reference Planes, Sketches, Coordinate Systems, PMI Dimensions, PMI Annotations.

Siemens Genius Siemens Genius
Siemens Genius

You seem to be running an older version of SE (pre-ST6?) before the show/hide component command existed. As a test in your version, select a few part components and turn on Surfaces.

---
Aditya Gurushankar
Manager, Solid Edge Planning

Experimenter
Experimenter

I am running ST9.

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Don't rmb the assy in the pathfinder just rmb on a clear area on the window.

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP8 - Insight - Win10 - K4200