Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pathfinder flickering when entering\exiting assembly edit in place

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

I just realized that some performance related problems occours only when you keep the pathfinder on a separate windows \ screen.

My configuration is to have Solid Edge full screen on the main monitor, and the pathfinder out of Solid Edge main window and on the secondary monitor.

When edit in place a part or a subassembly, before i can start to work I see the pathfinder flickering like 10 times, that makes a wait time of like 6 to 8 seconds each time entering and exiting the edit in place (exit to an assembly level seem more slower than entering).

If I move the pathfinder to be in the same Solid Edge windows the flickering happens just 1 times and I have to wait like 1 or 2 seconds to continue working.

Does an IR \ PR already exists ?

I would avoid to back to use one monitor only for Solid Edge.

P.S.: I have seen this issue on ST10 MP12 and on SE2020 Beta (I Suppose SE2019 have the same issue)

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Pathfinder flickering when entering\exiting assembly edit in place

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Not happening here. I'm on MP11 though.

Bruce Shand
SE2019 MP5 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

I have further investigated the issue since I am determined to resolve or at least workaround it.

I have noticed that the issue almost disappear if I keep on the second monitor only the "PathFinder" Tab.

Before I used to have all the tab together ("Sensors","Family of assembly","Styles" etc..)

So the issue maybe is due to unnecessary refresh of tabs not currently visible.

pathfinder 1.pngThis cause performance issuespathfinder 2.pngThis does not cause performance issues

@Fiorini, Yes, that does take longer here too.

Bruce Shand

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Same issue here on 2019 MP 3.  I tried to take it down to pathfinder, parts library, & select tools, and it still flickers the icons.  It might be a little quicker, but it still flickers.

Legend
Legend

This seems to have flared up again for me.  Up to a second or two waiting everytime I go in and out of a sketch environment, edit in place or in a part/psm file.  Just installed MP6 with no noticable help.  Anyone else notice the issue?

This is with PathFinder on extra monitor, no room for it on main monitor.

If you cannot find a Solid Edge setting, confirm you have a file open of the type that will be affected.

@bnemec, yep, I see it.

Bruce Shand

Legend
Legend

:sigh:

So we're still coping with side affects of Fall Update 2017?

If you cannot find a Solid Edge setting, confirm you have a file open of the type that will be affected.