Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pattern a Wrapped Cut

Creator
Creator

Hi All,

I'm sure I'm just missing a step but I can't seem to pattern a hole that is cut through a bend. 

I have produced a cut wrapped across a shallow bend. 

As you cant pattern the sketch and I want a pattern of 60 instances down a sheet I don't want to draw them all in indivdually but when I try to pattern this feture I get the error message:

'Errors Detected - no patterns were created'

Aside from the fact I can tell there was an error but I would like more information that 'Errors Detected' I cant believe that the program cannot achieve this pattern. 

Is there a setting or alternative option I am missing (this is more than possible - this is my 4th week using the software)?

Thanks

5 REPLIES

Re: Pattern a Wrapped Cut

Creator
Creator

Hi Again,

As per usual I tried for best part of 2 hours to get this to work before posting the question then as soon as I did I figured it out myself. 

The pattern won't work in Synchronous but will in ordered when the cut is produced using the 'Unbed>Cut>Rebend' route in Ordered rather than the 'Wrapped Cut' option in Synchronous. 

If there is an easy way to do it in synchronous I would be interested to hear but at least its now sorted!

Thanks

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Hi @GAuckland

do You have a picture from the bend/hol situation to reproduce and find a solution?

regards
Wolfgang

Creator
Creator

Hi @hawcad,

See below for the finished pattern (this has 20 instances patterned) using the Unbend>Cut>Rebend>Pattern workflow. 

Cut Across Bend Pattern.JPG

The Slot its self is 75 x 3 mm  as drawn flat and was drawn on the smaller of the 2 faces (right hand face in the image).

Thanks

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Unbend-rebend is only available in ordered. to end up with cut that are made while the sheet metal is flat, ordered is the only way to work with it easily.

Making that workflow avilable in Sync was requested before ST1 ever came out and is still not in the software.

Creator
Creator

Hi @12GAGE,

Thanks - It does seem strange that the synchronous environment can't achieve a pattern of this type of cut. 

Starting to see why there are both environments available to use. 

Switching between the 2 is painless enough though so at least its not a long winded work around!

Cheers