Pattern does not work on the edge of a cuboid

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello everyone,

I am trying to get some basic woodwork done and wanted to create a shelf with some cutouts.

So I started with a cuboid for the shelf. On the front side I drew a square from the edge over the whole height of the shelf. Based on that square I make another cuboid  with half of the depth of the shelf as a cutout. Everything totally fine until here.

Then I want to draw a pattern of 6x1 on the front side, to get 6 cutouts over the whole width of the shelf, starting and ending with a cutout. Imagine it like a comb, but the teeth are the cutouts and the gaps are solid...

Problem is: the pattern does not appear and whatever I try, it does not work. If I create the cutout not directly on the outer edge with some solid left to outer edge, no problem and the patterns works as expected.

What am I doing wrong?

Edit: I managed to fiddle with the pattern to get a picture. This is what it shall look like, if the pattern would work like expected.Unbenannt.PNG

3 REPLIES

Re: Pattern does not work on the edge of a cuboid

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

My guess is that you are creating your cutout feature in Synchronous on one end then trying to pattern it along the length.  Since the end cut is missing a face to make the cutout 3 sided (it's only 2 sided) it fails.  Probably better in this case to create this cutout in Ordered and then pattern it there.

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP10
Testing: ST10 MP3

MLombard
Retired

Or to pattern the positive tooth rather than the negative gap.

Retired Community Manager for Solid Edge. This account is no longer active.

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

That's thinking!

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP10
Testing: ST10 MP3