Pattern does not work on the edge of a cuboid

Hello everyone,

I am trying to get some basic woodwork done and wanted to create a shelf with some cutouts.

So I started with a cuboid for the shelf. On the front side I drew a square from the edge over the whole height of the shelf. Based on that square I make another cuboid  with half of the depth of the shelf as a cutout. Everything totally fine until here.

Then I want to draw a pattern of 6x1 on the front side, to get 6 cutouts over the whole width of the shelf, starting and ending with a cutout. Imagine it like a comb, but the teeth are the cutouts and the gaps are solid...

Problem is: the pattern does not appear and whatever I try, it does not work. If I create the cutout not directly on the outer edge with some solid left to outer edge, no problem and the patterns works as expected.

What am I doing wrong?

Edit: I managed to fiddle with the pattern to get a picture. This is what it shall look like, if the pattern would work like expected.

3 REPLIES

Re: Pattern does not work on the edge of a cuboid

My guess is that you are creating your cutout feature in Synchronous on one end then trying to pattern it along the length.  Since the end cut is missing a face to make the cutout 3 sided (it's only 2 sided) it fails.  Probably better in this case to create this cutout in Ordered and then pattern it there.

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP7
Testing: ST10

Or to pattern the positive tooth rather than the negative gap.

Retired Community Manager for Solid Edge. This account is no longer active.

That's thinking!

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP7
Testing: ST10