Patterning in assembly using cutouts

PLM World Member Phenom PLM World Member Phenom
PLM World Member Phenom

Hello,

I have an assembly with a small tab that is constrained to a rectangular cutout in a channel.  There are several rectangular cutouts in the channel and I would like to pattern the tab using the cutouts.  The cutouts are not evenly spaced and as far as I know, ST9 won't pattern using cutouts.  Fortunately, I have hole features that are on the same channel that follow the same spacing.  I was able to use the holes to "trick" SE and pattern the tabs.  What are the prospects of ST10 being able to pattern on other features besides holes?

Kyle

Kyle Joiner
IPA LLC
ST10 MP1
3 REPLIES

Re: Patterning in assembly using cutouts

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

PLM World Member Phenom PLM World Member Phenom
PLM World Member Phenom

I think that's exactly what I'm looking for.  If I'm reading it correctly, the Duplicate command is used to find matching occurances and Clone is used to find matching faces.  That's pretty cool!

Kyle

Kyle Joiner
IPA LLC
ST10 MP1

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Hi @kjoiner

but You can use the ST9 functionallity of duplicate features and parts using blocks in sketches.

If You create the cutouts in Your part using the ducplicate by blocks of a sketch (or more sketches in different planes) then You can use the same function for duplicate Your parts in the assembly.

I see this as real good function.

regards
Wolfgang